Drax The Destroyer to Join Avengers 3?

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
Wait... is everyone just getting this now? By just listening to some of his dialogue I knew he was gonna be in the Avengers.

"This Earth sounds rather interesting, I should visit it one day" (or something like that, when Starlord is talking about Earth as an outlaw planet)

"Sure, Ronan is dead, but I must face my real foe... Thanos" (or something like that, at the end of the movie.)

I knew that Drax at least would be in the Avengers walking out of the theater!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Trombone_Hero said:
"Sure, Ronan is dead, but I must face my real foe... Thanos" (or something like that, at the end of the movie.)
That sounded more like an excuse to hang around with the Guardians for a little longer.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Just Drax? was hoping the whole team would show up in A3. Oh well that's still awesome.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Trombone_Hero said:
That sounded more like an excuse to hang around with the Guardians for a little longer.
Except Drax's sole purpose in life in the comics was to kill Thanos. Not having him hate Thanos in the movies would be a bit of a massive change.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
DazBurger said:
Drax and Stark would probably be a hilariously awkward team up.
Just imagine Starlord and Rocket getting in on that action.

Add in Gamora and the scenes practically write themselves.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I'm not sure I like where this is going. Avengers team ups work on television because you've got a whole series to develop character development and get to know every team member. Joss Whedon's film didn't play well with a lot of the Avengers, pretty much boiling them down to their most base characteristics. And derailing Thor and Cap's story progression to make them both assholes in the face of a smug Tony stark.
But....they did do that, with the films that came before The Avengers.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
elvor0 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
I'm not sure I like where this is going. Avengers team ups work on television because you've got a whole series to develop character development and get to know every team member. Joss Whedon's film didn't play well with a lot of the Avengers, pretty much boiling them down to their most base characteristics. And derailing Thor and Cap's story progression to make them both assholes in the face of a smug Tony stark.
And yet in The Avengers, Cap shows little in the way of his good nature, fighting with Stark, and Thor seems to have forgotten all the humility he learned in his film, and acts like a petulant jackass.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
elvor0 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
And yet in The Avengers, Cap shows little in the way of his good nature, fighting with Stark, and Thor seems to have forgotten all the humility he learned in his film, and acts like a petulant jackass.
Yeah, and your complaints stem from the fact that they'd already set the characters up, do they not? Making the thing I emboldened even less of a valid point and even more confusing as to why you'd say it. The thing I emboldened gives the impression that they just thew them in and said go, which didn't happen.