Drifters RP (Closed, Started)

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Cael sat down on a stone in the ruined castle near the other two Drifter leaders. If anything the other Drifters showed an improved morale and had gotten the leaders a bit more respect. He saluted Sam and told Keran to relax before pulling out a knife and scraping the stubble off his face.

Cael had always hated beards, they made his face itchy and were generally a pain to take care of. He was mildly surprised none of the other drifters had gotten rid of their facial
hair.

He waved his knife at Hui and Myumi after he was half way done shaving to emphasize his speech a bit. "Alright, we've got a small army and our enemy has had a month to prepare, and as short a time as that is, its been too long. They'll be wary if not more fortified." Cael paused and shaved down his cheek. "I've taken castles before but rarely was it not with odds 2 to 1 in my favor, and I've only taken one with a force as small as what we've here." He then paused and looked to Hui, "I may be a warlord but you've also got experience leading troops and I know you've always got a plan, maybe even four or five. What are you thinking?"

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
Titus was busy upstairs getting some of his things together, as they were all spread out on the floor. He took a quick look over everything and brushed some of his long hair from his face. He had let it go unchecked for the time they had been training, and was starting to look like an animal, and he couldn't help but like it. He picked up his helmet and ran a hand over one of the horns, recalling the day he beat a man to death with it in the arena. He sighed and put it back on the floor. He had always wanted to get out of that place, but now he couldn't help but feel like that was what he was made for. Titus stood up and stretched for a second, before hearing the call to head to the main hall.

Titus quickly grabbed his arm and leg bindings, fastening them securely one by one. Maybe we will get a real mission now... He thought as he tightened the last leg strap. He then grabbed his belt and fastened it around his waist, shoving his sword into a makeshift sheath, and his whip onto a hook on the side. He then picked up his breastplate and tightended the leather bindings, encasing his chest in the armor. He finally grabbed his helmet and slid it on, his hair easily sticking out beneath the bottom of it. He then began to head downstairs to see what the drifters needed.

As he made it downstairs he spotted a few of the others, but he was certainly not the last one to be there. He nodded toward everyone as he walked in, except for Hui, for whom he bowed and said plainly "Dominus", before walking toward the wall and leaning on it.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
John sat on a near by piece of rubble, streaching out his legs. "So" He said, looking to the three Drifter 'commanders'. "Whats the next step? You figure we'er ready to hit the fort?"

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Once all the Drifters had arrived in the main hall of the castle and settled into their places, both Myumi and Hui looked at each other momentarily, before Hui nodded and Myumi stood, ready to address the assembled warriors before her. From her belt, Myumi took a scroll and unrolled it before her. Upon it was a crudely drawn map of their enemies castle, with a long line drawn from one of the eastern walls to a point roughly half a mile away on the map.

"Myself and Hui have discussed the plan of attack in great detail. The castle has been scouted out by volunteer Elven pathfinders and based upon their knowledge, we have come up with a plan." as Myumi spoke, she looked at each of the Drifters in turn, her stern, yet warm gaze hopefully giving them some confidence.

"At first glance the Castle seems impenetrable, but after a little more interrogation of our 'guests', we have discovered a secret passage into the keep"

Myumi placed her hand on the hide map, her finger gently touching the thin line from the eastern wall, the Samurai then ran her finger across the line and too its end, where she tapped it once.

"The passage leads out into the woods, presumably so the End nobles can escape from the castle in times of attack. That is our way in" Myumi stopped talking at this point, however from the tone of her voice, it was obvious that there was more news to come.

"The entrance is located underneath a Kobold encampment. Unfortunately we dont know much more about them, as the filthy creatures have taken the scouts brave enough to venture too close to their encampment prisoner. Which means one of ours goals is to find our scouts"

Myumi looked up from the map once more, her face confident.

"We move out at sunset, questions?"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
John thought for a second then raised his hand. "I've got one, though it's a two parter. One what the hell is a 'Kobold'? And two what sort of numbers do you figure we'll be facing?"

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
"Thieving little lizards, nothing to worry about individually, but we can expect at least sixty from the size of the camp, possibly more" replied Myumi, a slight note of annoyance in her voice, despite the fact Athol had asked a valid question, with no lip this time as well.

"Most of them wont even pose a challenge, but you get the occasional tougher one"

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Keran bowed and looked over at Caelan.
"A great weakness to a heavily defended keep. I would expect no less than two squadrons of Nazi forces keeping an eye on that entrance so we should make our attack in the cover of night. If there are Nazis watching the hidden passage, then they must not know we are onto it."