Drinking Games: Call of Drinking: Modern Warfare 2

Yoh3333

Feb 7, 2011
MihkelS said:
I think i like thewarpzones way of doing drinking games more.
Exactly what i've been thinking off when watching them.
Also, i think the quality could be higher. Seriously, the way you recorded Mario last episode i just didn't like it.

Sad Face

Oct 29, 2010
I liked the last one better. It focused more on the game and less on the booze. Yeah, you're going to get drunk, but that doesn't have to be the focus of the video.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
umbraticus said:
anyone else hates this serie?
First time watcher. And yes. This is a phenomenally Bad Idea on so many levels.

It's also a weirdly bad fit for the Escapist, given that it generally prides itself on intelligent discourse on games and advancing the culture / art angle of gaming. I'm not saying everything has to be on par with Yahtzee or Extra Credits, but what I see here isn't smart enough to be lowbrow.

I'm not a habitual troll. Generally if I don't have something nice to say I just move on. This, though, is so exceptionally bad a concept that I had to speak up. It ought to stop.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's like you took all the advice I gave from the last episode and made it better! Nicely done!
Only problem though, nobody plays CoD single player...

Thamian

Sep 3, 2008
I'll be honest, I'm not all that sure about this series. Oh it's certainly entertaining, and I'm probably one of the heavier drinkers on the site if I'm honest with myself, but I still find this a bit... gratuitous? Out of character for the Escapist?

Hell I don't know. Either way, other people in the thread were right, this is much better than last week's.

MrDefo

Jun 7, 2010
I liked this, as I enjoyed last episode. I miss seeing people drinking and having a good time, although this might have been a harder game to do this with. Otherwise, great job!

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
I've played a COD drinking game and it was far better than this could ever be... just look on facebook to find some decent rules.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
was better than the last one.
but how did the bottle break? beer bottles are rather sturdy and this one fell on a carpet no less.

Scarblade

Beta testing life since 1991
Jan 26, 2011
Well this was a lot better than the last one, as the major thing that bugged me was watching drunk strangers I didn't care about.

The idea of the drinking game rules is not bad and the delivery is somewhat amusing, but it lacks originality.

Overall I do not think there is enough material in the concept to make a good series.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Brombaq said:
Is it true that americans cant drink?
Notice that these guys say "take a drink" instead of "take a shot".
American's can drink, they have the ability to injest fluids and absorb alcohol into their blood stream, they just don't use that facility to great effect.

My favourite drinking game happens to be "down the pub."
the rules are: you go down the pub and drink until you can't tell the walls from the ceiling.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Lol, I am super drunk right now.
And ... I like your show.
Uhm, you stay frosty too. Never got a hangover yet; hope I didn't jinx it! :p

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
This doesn't fit on the escapist even slightly.

It is funny watching Extra Credits who glorify games as an art medium to such a large extent and then to watch this...

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Not really my cup of tea guys, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

If I'm going to play a drinking game, it'll be Ring of Fire.
Also, beer in plastic cups? Really? I hate beer in plastic cups. It ruins it.

Aug 2, 2008
The fun part of drinking games for video games is that a player's skill can determine how drunk they get. All of this seems boring since it's already predetermined (except the 'obvious advice'). Maybe "Take a drink every time you die" or "Finish your drink if you run out of ammo for your current gun".

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I like this show, I'm not a heavy drinker but I like the concept of a show about enjoying games, not for the art of it, or the quality of the games but for the social interactions. Also, it's both funny and has some really good ideas and tips. The safety tips are gold. I approve, Escapist needed a more lighthearted show.