Drinking Games: Mario Galaxy 2 (Drink Minimum)

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Mario Galaxy 2 (Drink Minimum)

As if multiple galaxies, spaceships that look like plumber's heads, and dinosaurs weren't trippy enough, we teach you drinking rules for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Watch Video

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Well... That was... Weak.

I don't know. I mean, drinking games aren't my thing anyway, but watching this has usually been at least vaguely amusing.

This one however, feels a little like you guys phoned it in.

Oh well.

pheipl

Jun 24, 2010
I might get a lot of angry looks but, escapist, I beg you remove this waste of space they call a show.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Drunk driving is a Mario Kart drinking game where everyone in the race is given a fresh beer at the starting line which they must finish before they cross the finish. The kicker is that you can only be holding either the controller or the beer in your hands at the same time. This forces players to drink strategically. For example, if you were to fall off the course or get hit by a certain item, it would give you a few moments in which you are unable to control your kart in any meaningful way, which makes it a good time to take a chug. Other times to drink include large ramps and cannons, and maybe even the boost off the starting line if your quick enough. HAVE FUN!

I thought the show was pretty weak. It wouldn't have to be that funny if it gave watchers a really good idea for a game, but I don't think this one is that exceptional. I don't think that single player games make very good drinking games, but if you had to go with one, I suppose Mario Galaxy is probably one of the best choices.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
I absolutely love this show, and I beg the Escapist to keep it for as long as possible.

Don't let negative comments get you down, guys, these are clever drinking games and the presentation is excellent.

Dr Endo

Mar 3, 2011
I love also love this show. Makes me laugh everytime. I couldn't put it better then JoshTheater.

Also No Right Answers is also great

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Pretty dull, guys. When are we getting the parkour-themed drinking games?

Every time you fall off a building, take a drink. Faceplant into a wall? Take a drink. Run up a wall, backflip over an enemy, set him on fire and steal his pants all without using a quicksave? You take a damn drink.

One of the few instances where you'd really better be sipping beer rather than doing shots.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
pheipl said:
I might get a lot of angry looks but, escapist, I beg you remove this waste of space they call a show.
Why? The Escapist has plenty of money, it's not like it's a huge bandwidth hog. And if even one person liked it, it'd be hideously selfish of you to remove it.

I don't know about you, but if I don't like something, I stop watching it, because I don't like it. If a caveman sticks his hand in a fire and gets burned, he pulls it out and doesn't do it again.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Weaker compared to the other weeks. Not that bad, just seemed to be a bit lacking. Still, this week was ok.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
I'm in agreement with most of the previous comments: this episode was kind of weak. But that's mainly because I honestly find some of your rules to be good gaming/drinking games, and I couldn't take anything away from this one. Also, it wasn't as funny as your previous episodes. Maybe stick to multiplayer games? People like to drink with company anyway. But I do like the premise. So I'll be back next week =)

badmunky64

Sep 19, 2007
Might I suggest making a drinking game out of the X-men arcade game? My buds and I have been having a shit load of fun blowing through it for 40 minutes as a pre-gamer for the night. It usually ends with us yelling "X-Men!! X-Men!!" at the bars. :p

casual rules:
drink every time:
-you use a continue
-you kill a boss, (this includes 1 drink for each boss you kill in the last level)
-chug/waterfall your beer during the scene Magneto welcomes you to die!

Mutant Rules:
drink every time:
-you die
-your hear the word X-Men
-take a gulp when Professor X says "X-Men! X-Men!"

It's a load of fun for anyone willing to try it. FireFilm, you're free to use my rules if you make a shout out to me in the credits. I'm willing to play over xbla on camera if your interested.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Electrogecko said:
Drunk driving is a Mario Kart drinking game where everyone in the race is given a fresh beer at the starting line which they must finish before they cross the finish. The kicker is that you can only be holding either the controller or the beer in your hands at the same time. This forces players to drink strategically. For example, if you were to fall off the course or get hit by a certain item, it would give you a few moments in which you are unable to control your kart in any meaningful way, which makes it a good time to take a chug. Other times to drink include large ramps and cannons, and maybe even the boost off the starting line if your quick enough. HAVE FUN!

I thought the show was pretty weak. It wouldn't have to be that funny if it gave watchers a really good idea for a game, but I don't think this one is that exceptional. I don't think that single player games make very good drinking games, but if you had to go with one, I suppose Mario Galaxy is probably one of the best choices.
The Escapist should hire you instead.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Firefilm said:

As if multiple galaxies, spaceships that look like plumber's heads, and dinosaurs weren't trippy enough, we teach you drinking rules for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Watch Video
"Hey, there's a thing!"

I don't even drink anymore, and I find this hilarious.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Firefilm said:

Watch Video
"Hey, there's a thing!"

I don't even drink anymore, and I find this hilarious.

Tirinn

Mar 15, 2011
NLS said:
Electrogecko said:

The Escapist should hire you instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3CbIsIJ3M