Drinking Games: Mariokart DUI

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
what did I just watched im feeling confused....
It reminds me of me and my friends playing FPS games while drunk...... 0.0

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
So, when you said "you take a drink" that meant just a sip, not the whole glass?
I watched it out of curiosity but since I don't drink I guess it's not really my kind of show. Hearing the rules was interesting I guess, but then I thought "so what, we're supposed to watch them play, sit at home and drink? Or are we just supposed to count the points?"
But now, we were supposed to watch them drink? Not too interesting for me. I'm curious if it's going to be the same kind of thing with a different game each time. I'll probably check the second video to get an idea of whether it's my kind of thing or not.

MrDefo

Jun 7, 2010
This was an excellent first episode to the series. You hit all of the high points that I'd hoped you would. You showed some drunken gameplay, some shots of people getting drunk and enjoying themselves (without behaving too foolishly) and you interspersed the fun with a witty drinking game tip segment. I couldn't ask for a better layout. Continue in this manner and this shall be a series without peer.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I can't see this one being a long term thing I'm afraid :( Also a nitpick, not a fan of the music

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
What ho, what is this new channel?

At 2:30 in already drunk...

And i hope rule 34 was intentional

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
I got a minute in and stopped watching. Yeah, I wont be following this series.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
For one, I found this video very entertaining.

Two, I'm not sure if this, as a concept of an entire show, is going to hold up. But I'm surely hoping that it will.

Overall, this is the best of the, um, latest installments of news shows to Escapist video repertory. *Coughjimquisitioncough*

EDIT: I just saw "No Right Answer". I'll take back that last statement. This is the second best of the new series'.

Ris

Mar 31, 2011
I don't enjoy watching people get "drunk", and I'm not sure I approve of The Escapist encouraging people to drink themselves stupid anyway. Leave this sort of thing to College Humor, please?

prouler

Nov 24, 2009
all I can say is, the warp zone on youtube did already did this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3CbIsIJ3M&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I liked the drinking game, but actually watching it, with those expressionless, boring "drunks" was no fun. This is important, so I'm gonna bold it. If you would instead have several drinking games in one episode, moving quickly between them, that would be really fun. This isn't.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Twas very entertaining, and I've done that drinking game with rainbow road before, and you get drunk rather quickly.

Not bad for the first video, I'm intrigued enough to watch the next one.

Jesper Christiansen

Sep 1, 2010
I want many, many (MANY!) more episodes of this show. Just to give me and my friends more ideas.
We always have a few beers (or like, 10+ per man) when having what we call "xbox time" but we didn't incorporate the drinking, into the gaming. We are gonna start that, from now on. Just thinking on how you can turn shooting games into a drinking game..

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
Yeah this was pretty damn terrible. Why would i watch a video of people drinking and playing video games when I can just get my friends and do it?

Scarblade

Beta testing life since 1991
Jan 26, 2011
I did not enjoy this at all. The idea of the drinking game seems amusing, but watching a bunch of strangers playing a drinking game is just boring.

The commentator did a decent job and he was pretty much all that was to the show, I do not even know why we were watching the players as they did not bring anything to the show, they were just... nothing.

The rule shot was a good idea, but the acting was terrible.

Sorry Drinking Games but you do not get much love from me.

Mongodyr

Jul 23, 2008
I love the idea. I need a couple of new drinking-friendly games for gaming night.
As for the video, well... It might as well be an article for all I care. The video didn't really add anything special at all, mainly because of the stiff acting. You really should do this stuff with actual drinking or anything that would make it look like you're actually having fun.

I will be checking out this series, if only for the drinking game ideas. Hopefully there will be something more for me here too, as I do see potential.