Drinking Games: Rolling Rock Band

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Rolling Rock Band

Are you ready to rock? I said, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?! It's time to melt some faces and play some tasty melodies while you wink at the groupies and toss back some brews! Oh, and this is the last episode. Yea, we ran out of games we owned. But we want to thank all the fans, and you can still catch us on No Right Answer, and coming up any day now Armchair Thinkers podcast is coming to The Escapist!

Watch Video

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
/salute

While I enjoy No Right Answer more, this was always an enjoyable time every thursday. Thanks guys, and see you on NRA.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Goodnight sweet boozehounds, a flight of shot glasses sing thee to thy passing out on the couch with wangs drawn on thine faces.

I love both shows you guys make, but this is the only one in which we finally got to drink to racism (fantastic episode).

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Hey, I'm Drinking Games is ending you have got to give Dan some screen time on No Right Answer. I just love the guy.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
shiajun said:
Hey, I'm Drinking Games is ending you have got to give Dan some screen time on No Right Answer. I just love the guy.
Well I love you too, random fan! Don't worry, I will find a way to insert myself in front of the camera from time to time.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Yea, I was going to say the same thing about seeing more Dan. I really did enjoy the DG series, even if I don't drink myself. I guess I'd rather see an offical end rather then just a sudden and abrupt one like many other series have gotten. Oh well, we still have NRA, even if it doesn't have people getting drunk and playing games in an over the top fasion.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
shiajun said:
I 2nd, 3rd, and drink to this idea.

Firefilm said:
Well I love you too, random fan! Don't worry, I will find a way to insert myself in front of the camera from time to time.
Three-way debates and lightning rounds could be fun.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Too bad the show's ending, but TBH I always preferred no right answer, and I'm excited to see armchair generals on the site. So yeah, it's a loss, but a gain as well. So I think we can all be happy. Nice ending, you guys!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Pump his stomach?
Yet he never drinks alcohol :O

Keep up ye olde good work, you guys!

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Too bad the show's ending, but it was cool for the month or so that I watched it. I'll go back through the archives and pretend those are new updates.

General Michi

Sep 12, 2010
Super lame that this show is going, I really liked it, but you left on a great note . . . I'll see myself out

Gwright9001

Apr 1, 2011
They both look like registered sex offenders and the show is awkward and lame to watch. there is a reason it is going away.

Kilyle

Jan 31, 2011
Bah.

I just had my "introduce our friend to the various flavors of beer night" at age 33 (having started exploring alcohol about a year and a half ago), which didn't convince me to like beer (except, it turns out, very sour beer), but made me give this show a try (I don't watch much on this site except Yahtzee).

Having watched two eps favoring games I like (Portal 2 and Rock Band), I find myself impressed by your format and a little sad to hear that you stopped before I ever got started; you seem to have a decent on-camera presence. I hope you get some new games and return to this series at some point. I'll be watching a few more of your shows tonight, I think (I see L4D2 there, yay!).

Dunno whether these games are ones you'd be interested in, but I'd love to see some drinking rules for Minecraft (solo and/or Super Hostile rules... offhand I could see "drink if you fell for one of Vechs's traps" and obviously "drink if you killed yourself by falling or lava"), and maybe an MMORPG episode that works across any major MMO (I like Warcraft and, on a smaller scale, Kingdom of Loathing, but would like to see one that worked with my friends' favorites, City of Heroes and Star Wars).

I see Monopoly there... if that's the board game (as opposed to an electronic one) then perhaps you'll do more board/card games? I'd like to see Risk, but in general drop the games everyone knows and go for weirder ones: Settlers of Catan, Zombies (the tile game), Munchkin, Talisman (that game NEEDS alcohol), Domain, Bang! (it's got drinking cards built into the game! I love the fact that I'm teaching it to my 8-year-old nephews), Quiddler, Squint, and so on. There's plenty of awesome games out there that aren't even on the computer.

So please do come back when you've got some new material :)

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
I personally feel that cancelling this show is for the best.

Drinking and Gaming are two of the most fun things you can do but somehow these guys managed to lay down rules for how to do it and somehow turn gaming and drinking into *work*

Just have a beer, bag of chips. Sit down with some mates and play games. You don't need a sheet of rules to do that and it definitely doesn't make either activity any more enjoyable.