Drinks of choice (non-alcoholic)

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Oolong tea, then of course my favorite concoction of coconut milk, strawberry, blackberry, banana, kiwi, guava, pineapple juice ( mixed together is heaven in a glass) :)

Entraboard

Jul 9, 2011
Chocolate milk and "aguas frescas" (fresh waters).

I don't know what it is about Mexico/Latin America or the rest of the world, but we just love our fresh waters here and they don't seem to be all that common in the rest of the world. While some cultures might have something similar, the preparation/presentation is different.

They are served cold or chilled and made from the natural and fresh ingredient that gives the water it's name/flavor.
Yeah, you can buy a liter of concentrate at the supermarket and make gallons of that stuff... but it's mostly artificial flavoring, coloring and taste- just not as refreshing.

It's not juice. Lemme explain.
Jugo de Naranja/Orange Juice - you squeeze tons of oranges and drink that. No added sugar, water... pure juice.
Agua de Naranja/Orange water - squeeze one orange into a glass of water, add a bit of sugar. Similar to orangeade if you've ever traveled in the southern US states... but not quite. See next point.
Naranjada/Orangeade - Words are direct-literal translation and the beverage is the same. It tends to be sweeter and uses more oranges than orange water but less than orange juice.

Most common ones here are:
Agua de limon (lemon water) - somewhere between the Italian limonatta and American lemonade... yes, the words are the same (translation wise) but the beverage isn't. Anybody with a half a taste bud could notice.
Agua de jamaica (hibiscus water) - similar to hibiscus tea, one is more tangy and the other smooth (besides one being prepared in tea form and the other one being prepared in extract form).
Agua de horchata (rice water) - Very milky, very sweet. Usually served with cinammon. Similar to drinks found in south east Asia.
Agua de tamarindo (tamarind water) - Again, similar to some south east Asian beverages. Spicy and sweet.

And just about any fruit we can get our hands on (watermelons, strawberries, mango).
In high pedetrian traffic places (parks, outside of malls, office clusters, near subway stations, etc) there will be juice stands, where you can get a freshly made juice or water from your fruit of choice (or mix 'em up!).

I really miss 'em when I'm out of country... seems that everywhere you can just find soda, tea/coffee and store bought juice from concentrate (Bear Naked? What an over-priced gyp). Yeah, we got 7-11s where we can buy that stuff too... but I'll take a chilled and freshly made hibiscus water over a soda any day. It hits the spot just right.

Mar 30, 2010
I must be missing something, OP, 'cause last time I checked cider was a) alcoholic and b) served chilled.

Back OT: If I'm feeling in the mood for a hot drink I'll go for tea, if in the mood for a cold drink I'll go for either orange juice or iced tea.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I'm usually content with water but if I want to spice it up, soda water with a slice of lemon. It's very refreshing during a hot summer day.

Dec 14, 2009
There's really only one answer.

I'm British.

I'm required by law to love tea, or we'd be just like those plebs across the water, i.e., everyone else.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
I have a fever at the moment, radically altering my drink preferences.
I'm living on a mixture of hot tea, energy drink and orange juice right now.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't drink alcohol to begin with Soooo this is going to be another of my infamous lists:

Coffee (hot or iced, preferably sweet and milky)
Hot Tea (Chai, Chamomile &, Earl Grey being preferred)
Iced Tea (preferably sweetened)
Soda (preferring Vanilla Coke, Dr. Pepper and, Flavored Mountain Dew (Pitch Black, Voltage, Livewire, Whiteout, Code Red) in that order)

Of what I listed Vanilla Coke is my favorite and I really miss Coke Blak. Wish they'd bring that back...

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
I stopped drinking coffee after I got really bad heartache pretty much constantly. I drank 10+ cups a day.

I now drink 10+ cups a day of tea during work, and approx. 2 litres of (non-carbonated) ice tea or lemonade while at home. I would drink water, but I really dislike the taste of the water here.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011

Lasts me about a month, if I'm lucky. Usually have to go back and get at least 1 more to make it to the end. I am infamous at all the grocery stores I shop at for cleaning the place out.

Yeah, I am aware I have a bit of a drinking problem.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Effervescent Vitamins with Coke. Great stuff.
Coke and Sprite mix
Iced water - it's bloody hot here now

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Orange juice all the way!

Other than that, tea, iced tea, Dr. Pepper, and I would say Coke, but I've gone off it. I prefer the knock-off my family gets from Aldi and I find the drink itself way too acidic now for some reason. :/

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Orangina, 7UP, Iced Tea (Nestea for preference), Ginger Ale, various natural juices and concentrated fruit mixes...

Oh, and plain water. Seriously, if you're thirsty, just have a glass of that first, even if you still pour a coke after. Your consumption of unhealthy sodas and the like will plummet. I can easily limit myself to the equivalent of one can a day or less just by ensuring I stay hydrated in the natural manner.

I'm fairly catholic in my tastes, though I know what I DON'T like... not a fan of apple juice, for instance. Grape's not particularly good either, though the "ecto cooler smoothie" (made with that, spinach, mint and ice, with an optional slug of ginger) is nice.

What I need is an alternative to coffee that will still keep me going through the day :-/

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Tea. Quite.

Dr. Pepper.

If the above are unavailable, I'll settle for Pepsi Max. I'll settle for water if I really have to.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Cream Soda (preferably A&W or IBC) and Root Beer (preferably A&W) are my preferred soda drinks. I also enjoy Cherry Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and Coca-Cola. Some vanilla mixes with any of those doesn't hurt. As for energy drinks, I'm a huge fan of Monster, Monster Zero Ultra, Red Bull, and Red Bull Red Edition.

There's also some juice I haven't seen for a while, but it mixed white grape, apple, cherry, pear, and a couple other fruit juices together. Probably the only juice I'd put on the same level of soda. I'm also a fan of V8 Fusion, especially the Concord Grape-Raspberry flavor.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Milk. Oh and chocolate milk. And juice is good, mostly orange and apple. But mostly MILK.

It's called "äppelmust" in Swedish. One can only drink a glass of it really, unless you want to experience the major runs, but OOOOOH NOMNOMNOM.

Don't drink sodas any more, except a glass or two of julmust/påskmust during the appropriate holiday.

EDIT: OOOH, and favourite hot drinks are tea - I AM half-Irish after all - and hot chocolate. Don't drink coffee at all, blech.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I drink a lot of coffee, and I normally have a pot to myself everyday in the morning. Then sometime in the afternoon I will visit the local coffee shop to get more, and that's only because I work really late into the night and I need something to keep me awake.

Other than that, I drink iced tea with no sugar. I'm not really into the flavored ones, but the one I do like is the blackberry flavored ones. Those are just delicious. :D

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Squirt and or grapefruit flavored Fanta for me.

Also I love me some honey citron tea. I ice it after I dissolve it with hot water, though I'm given to understand that people do drink it hot.