drugs are bad mkay.

jockslap

May 20, 2008
WeedWorm said:
urprobablyright said:
S.H.A.R.P. said:
I disagree. I am not a loser, whatever the definition of a loser is.
well if u take drugs your a loser according to my definition. I don't want to label you publically, i don't want to array people behind me against you - It's not because i think you're a young whippersnapper or a rebel - though u might think it is - it's because i'm laughing inside that you need substances to feel positive.

I don't need drugs, 'cause my life is so badass.

(if u take drugs medicinally then i withdraw that)

If you take them recreationally, then my previous point stands. You're a loser.

urprobablyright tears down the weak-willed opposition like jack nicholas with an axe trying to hack through a wet cardboard box - wha-slamsh!
Does an oxygen high make everyone a pretentious prick or are is it just you?

I dont smoke weed because I need it to feel positive, even when stoned im still pretty cynical. I smoke it for the same reason I play video games, because its a laugh, because its a good time.

And no, you dont tear down shit. All your doing is saying,"In my mind, Im right." It doesnt make you right, it makes you an opinionated fucktard.
By my definition, youre an idiot. You call people losers just because they do drugs, without looking at the rest of their lives. I know guys who have finished college, have a good job and nice place to live and they smoke weed. Hell, some of them could have a better life than you, with out or without drugs.

weedworm while ur right about most of that but im fairly sure he was joking

i mean seriously, dont you NEED to be stoned to have that thought process?

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
Maraveno said:
Inverse Skies said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Gee you get stoned or drunk of coarse you are going to have a hazey memory from when you last took it and after the effects start wearing off.

Hell the flu can give you a hazy memory....
Zoom! Straight past the point! Cannibus shrinks the hippocampus through sustained use over a long period of time. You really don't want to be messing around with your brain in that manner.
but Alcemehol destroys your brain cells even with one glass why doesn't anybody rant on alcemehol?
Actually anything can kill your brain cells, even Caffiene. The real problem is that unlike Caffiene, Alcohol is relatively unmonitered. [Meaning that in order to do the same amount of damage you'd have to do a have a crazy amount.] Any drug, be it LSD, Marijuana, Caffiene is going to do damage.
If anybody wants to know more, just ask^^ [Using the quote system so I gets an email about it].

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
Fronken said:
ace_of_something said:
Fronken said:
Drugs are bad (meaning substances created by man), Herbs on the other hand is nothing but good (meaning things that grow naturally and isnt created by man).

So speaking in a purely medical term: Weed is better for you than any medication is that combats the same things.

But, if weed was legal then it wouldnt be as simple for the government to rake in billions each year selling medication over the counter...
Umm.. when you roll it or burn it your altering it beyond it's natural state and it's no longer 'natural' fire is a chemical reaction after all.
Yes, fire is a chemical reaction, but that doesnt change the fact that the herb itself is natural.
Tobacco is natural, and yet it still causes damage. While I'll concede your point Weed is better than drugs to combat the same thing, the damage caused by inhaling smoke is going to be harmful to your respiratory system(how in the hell is breating hot (whatever the hell that gas would be) going to be good for you?
Then again we are killing ourselves and doing damage by just living, so fuck it.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Yokomitsu said:
Mullahgrrl said:
Yokomitsu said:
Drugs in no way are actually going to improve your quality of life they are only there for an escape from reality just like video games are.
Are you saying that video games do not improve your quality of life?
Well they do not improve life they only make certain aspects seem more fun then usual.
That is totally an improvement!

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Fronken said:
ace_of_something said:
Fronken said:
Drugs are bad (meaning substances created by man), Herbs on the other hand is nothing but good (meaning things that grow naturally and isnt created by man).

So speaking in a purely medical term: Weed is better for you than any medication is that combats the same things.

But, if weed was legal then it wouldnt be as simple for the government to rake in billions each year selling medication over the counter...
Umm.. when you roll it or burn it your altering it beyond it's natural state and it's no longer 'natural' fire is a chemical reaction after all.
Yes, fire is a chemical reaction, but that doesnt change the fact that the herb itself is natural.
About as natural as a hotdog.
Very few strains of ?recreational? marijuana are actually FOUND in nature most are designer strains which have been spliced with other similar plants or grown thru generations of ?breeding? actual Ditchweed is very very weak. Man has made the drug more powerful. I?d link you on the topic but I?m slacking at work and don?t want to get caught looking up MJ.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Terminalchaos said:
JokerGrin said:
I don't touch drugs, but if people want to do them, that's their choice. Freedom to live.

That said, I get pissed off when tax money is wasted on attempting to rehabilitate addicts that have no intention whatsoever of quitting. I knew (vaguely) a couple addicted to heroin...they just saw the rehab program as free methadone, really easy to fake that you're trying really hard to quit but then just shoot up the next day. Why would anyone want to pay for these smackheads?

I guess that's the more extreme end of the scale. It genuinely doesn't bother me if people do cannabis.
Rather pay for their methadone than their prison cells.
Methodone costs about 4100 USD a year for treatment.

A prison cell costs 18,000USD a year.

(I would also like to point out, methadone detoxing takes all the good effects away from heroin if I do so believe.. It blocks the drug pretty much intirely, no more happiness after shooting up, pain-less feeling gonish, pretty much it feels like you are just sticking a needle in your arm for no real reason. Opiods are fun like that.)

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Bulletinmybrain said:
I would also like to point out, methadone detoxing takes all the good effects away from heroin if I do so believe.. It blocks the drug pretty much intirely, no more happiness after shooting up, pain-less feeling gonish, pretty much it feels like you are just sticking a needle in your arm for no real reason. Opiods are fun like that.
Incorrect I'm afraid. It lessens the effects, but doesn't negate them. If you're constantly a little bit tipsy on beer then that shot of whisky is going to have less noticeable effect.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
Terminalchaos said:
JokerGrin said:
I don't touch drugs, but if people want to do them, that's their choice. Freedom to live.

That said, I get pissed off when tax money is wasted on attempting to rehabilitate addicts that have no intention whatsoever of quitting. I knew (vaguely) a couple addicted to heroin...they just saw the rehab program as free methadone, really easy to fake that you're trying really hard to quit but then just shoot up the next day. Why would anyone want to pay for these smackheads?

I guess that's the more extreme end of the scale. It genuinely doesn't bother me if people do cannabis.
Rather pay for their methadone than their prison cells.
Methodone costs about 4100 USD a year for treatment.

A prison cell costs 18,000USD a year.

(I would also like to point out, methadone detoxing takes all the good effects away from heroin if I do so believe.. It blocks the drug pretty much intirely, no more happiness after shooting up, pain-less feeling gonish, pretty much it feels like you are just sticking a needle in your arm for no real reason. Opiods are fun like that.)
Does that work for smoking as well?

jigilojoe

Mar 4, 2009
Hey I just started a discussion on another forum by saying "MMO RPG's your thoughts"

This guy writes an essay, which really does make sence, showing the pro's and con's of drugs, What the fuck guys???

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
KneeLord said:
Aye, he's correct. For those whom the topic interests, "Opiates" are drugs derived from natural opium, or semi-synthetic drugs with a natural opium-derivative component. Opioids are synthetic analogs manufactured without any natural opium, but (often even MORE) effectively mimic it's pharmacological functions. BulletMyBrain was right that Methadone is an Opioid, but off in that it still produces psychoactive reactions, even if it does promote chemical-class cross tolerance.
He is saying that it blocks heroin. Even if you're on 100ml a day you can still get a hit, it's just less effective.

EDIT: Actually I'm not quite sure what you are saying..."Aye he's corrct" refers to who excatly?

Jul 23, 2008
I really like the 'talk to frank' adverts going around. With the ending line "the more you mess with cannabis the more it messes with your mind"
Pretty much the equivalent of saying "the more you drink the drunker you get"

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Inverse Skies said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Most studies are changed or let go of for better ones so unless its been backed by the medical/health industry for a few years its just another study.

Depends on the drug, if we as a society legalized all the lite and medium class ones and focused more on health care/perscripion/taxes/addiction clinics(were harder drugs are used in conjunction with treatment and other drugs to ween people off addiction) than the lulzy war on drugs we'd gut the black market and crime in a couple years but no the moral high horse of ignorance seems to be the only reasonable ground we take.

You can not fight a war on vice by banning it all that dose is create far more problems.
Prohibition in America showed us the futility of banning alcohol true - but why legalise the lighter to medium class ones? I presume by that you mean marijuana (obviously) but then what after that? Ecstasy? Mushrooms? What do you actually gain as a society by legalising those substances? That's the question you have to ask yourself.

How exactly would society be 'better off' with those substances legal? Reduced crime? Sure you could argue that but drug bosses aren't stupid - they'd simply move their operations into some sort of other criminal activity. What that might be I cannot say but you could almost guarantee it happening.

Why place another burden on the health care system? The whole idea of health promotion is preventative action, it's why we have campaigns for people to try and exercise and eat well, to keep them out of hospital. Legalising drug use is just more likely to put people into hospital as the insidious side effects of drug use become more prevalent with increased distribution and use.

Also... have you ever seen someone in withdrawl from heroin? I have.... and you would never, ever want to see it again or wish it upon anyone else.

It's the ideal of stigma - make something completely unattractive through campaigning or government lobbying and people become less likely to do it. Of course there is always going to be some members of society who ignore the consensus view as a whole, that's the way it goes. But the more you educate people on the hazards of drug use the less likely they are to use them - really that's what the money in the war on drugs should be directed towards.
The ideal of stigmatization from laws/religion is bad and flawed and so far has not worked because we have spent to much and lost to many lives from militant action against human vice that has only enable dthe black market to spread and enable new clans of mobsters world wide to lord it over law abiding citizens all over the world due to probation of what humans naturally do.

I am sorry but it just dose not work, if you went in the direction of prescriptions, free clinics and taxation people will have all their vices government controlled and sanctioned and you would have deaths primarily from abuse not stealing and enforcement where the predominant numbers come from not to mention the removal of the number one source largest source of income for criminal organizations. Sure the same amount will be spent on health care and giving addicts drugs if they can not be weened from it but its a better solution than hypocritical fou moral dictation of the good old fashion appearance is everything making ignorance more bliss, IE if you somehow make it look bad it will all go away and be a much better than tolerance, information and being mature enough to allow individuals live their files as they see fit while cleaning up as best you can(rather than enforcing a rule that makes the diseased criminal.... and allows criminal organizations more power to build their empire ).

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
The ideal of stigmatization from laws/religion is bad and flawed and so far has not worked because we have spent to much and lost to many lives from militant action against human vice that has only enable dthe black market to spread and enable new clans of mobsters world wide to lord it over law abiding citizens all over the world due to probation of what humans naturally do.

I am sorry but it just dose not work, if you went in the direction of prescriptions, free clinics and taxation people will have all their vices government controlled and sanctioned and you would have deaths primarily from abuse not stealing and enforcement where the predominant numbers come from not to mention the removal of the number one source largest source of income for criminal organizations. Sure the same amount will be spent on health care and giving addicts drugs if they can not be weened from it but its a better solution than hypocritical fou moral dictation of the good old fashion appearance is everything making ignorance more bliss, IE if you somehow make it look bad it will all go away and be a much better than tolerance, information and being mature enough to allow individuals live their files as they see fit while cleaning up as best you can(rather than enforcing a rule that makes the diseased criminal.... and allows criminal organizations more power to build their empire ).
Right... your post became very hard to read very quickly there.

The idea behind prescription drugs is that they serve a medicinal purpose - name one medicinal purpose that illict drugs serve (and don't say analgesia for marijuana, that's a cop out response as there is plenty more effective pain killers avilable apart from cannibus). Hence the idea of having them as prescriptions is laughable - why would the government want to sanction such drugs? They don't sanction tobacco or alcohol (well they do sort of, they restrict its sale to minors) why would they sanction any of the currently illicit drugs?

The problem with letting people live their own lives and cleaning up after them is its actually more cost-effective and better for society if you try to ensure they never get sick in the first place. Hence the idea of health promotion. Governments have changed their thinking away from treating patients when they get into hospital to trying to ensure they never end up there in the first place. The kind of 'solution' you argue for would only place more burden on the health care system which is taxed enough as it is.

Seeing as you live in America which has a much more screwed up Health Care system than here in Aus I wouldn't be advocating for anything which is simply going to make health care worse and create more problems in society than it solves.

Also you seem to have an irrational fear of mobsters and criminal organisations. Whilst it is true the drug trafficking trade is phenomenally huge the reason they're doing so well is because people, through lack of proper education or bad choices in life, still use drugs and hence the demand for such a criminal empire is still there. Remember my basic economics lesson? No? Well lets re-iterate shall we.

Remove the demand for drugs, and you remove the supply. Basic fact of economics. Hence why we should be acting to keep the stigma of drugs very real and very plausible whilst explaining the damage they can do with their abuse. If you better educate people then they're less likely to do drugs hence your feared criminal empires have less to go on. Simple really.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Inverse Skies said:
ZippyDSMlee said:

Right... your post became very hard to read very quickly there.

The idea behind prescription drugs is that they serve a medicinal purpose - name one medicinal purpose that illict drugs serve (and don't say analgesia for marijuana, that's a cop out response as there is plenty more effective pain killers avilable apart from cannibus). Hence the idea of having them as prescriptions is laughable - why would the government want to sanction such drugs? They don't sanction tobacco or alcohol (well they do sort of, they restrict its sale to minors) why would they sanction any of the currently illicit drugs?

The problem with letting people live their own lives and cleaning up after them is its actually more cost-effective and better for society if you try to ensure they never get sick in the first place. Hence the idea of health promotion. Governments have changed their thinking away from treating patients when they get into hospital to trying to ensure they never end up there in the first place. The kind of 'solution' you argue for would only place more burden on the health care system which is taxed enough as it is.

Seeing as you live in America which has a much more screwed up Health Care system than here in Aus I wouldn't be advocating for anything which is simply going to make health care worse and create more problems in society than it solves.

Also you seem to have an irrational fear of mobsters and criminal organisations. Whilst it is true the drug trafficking trade is phenomenally huge the reason they're doing so well is because people, through lack of proper education or bad choices in life, still use drugs and hence the demand for such a criminal empire is still there. Remember my basic economics lesson? No? Well lets re-iterate shall we.

Remove the demand for drugs, and you remove the supply. Basic fact of economics. Hence why we should be acting to keep the stigma of drugs very real and very plausible whilst explaining the damage they can do with their abuse. If you better educate people then they're less likely to do drugs hence your feared criminal empires have less to go on. Simple really.
And things are made so much better when you protect huamns from themselves with fascist lines of thought only to allow other things to spiral out of control because you have no control outside your borders while at the same time a neighboring government is riddled and corroded by the very mob and gangs you have let run amuck.

I am sorry militant enforcement has never worked unless of coarse you toss out citzen and individual rights and then it kinda works.

Prescriptions get the majority of the populace their fix(as opposed to the black market), Free clinics clean up(as opposed to law enforcement) leaving law enforcement for the feigns(as opposed to clinics and programs to deal with addicts) as a result you shift death and crime dramatically and lower over all death rates.

I am sorry but the current war and train of thought on vice is a lie to make people feel better about themselves while ignoring the problems created because the appearance of propriety is a blissful drug humanity has yet to stop taking.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
And things are made so much better when you protect huamns from themselves with fascist lines of thought only to allow other things to spiral out of control because you have no control outside your borders while at the same time a neighboring government is riddled and corroded by the very mob and gangs you have let run amuck.

I am sorry militant enforcement has never worked unless of coarse you toss out citzen and individual rights and then it kinda works.

Prescriptions get the majority of the populace their fix(as opposed to the black market), Free clinics clean up(as opposed to law enforcement) leaving law enforcement for the feigns(as opposed to clinics and programs to deal with addicts) as a result you shift death and crime dramatically and lower over all death rates.

I am sorry but the current war and train of thought on vice is a lie to make people feel better about themselves while ignoring the problems created because the appearance of propriety is a blissful drug humanity has yet to stop taking.
No, actually you really don't shift death rates because you're completely ignoring the biochemistry behind drugs - especially the idea of TOLERANCE. Tolerance (especially with the opoids) means people need to use progressively more to experience the same high they felt before and this actually ends up changing the biochemical nature of the brain, causing massive addiction and problems when people aren't continually exposed to the drug. Prescription solves nothing lest the fact you've conveniently decided to ignore my point about prescription drugs being medicinal anyway rather than something to 'get a fix' as you so elegantly put it.

That begs the question, why do we need to get a 'fix' anyway? Hmmmm? Why does the populace have to use drugs? In order to escape their lives for a little while? Well? What does rationing and prescribing of drugs do to solve that? Give them their little bit of enjoyment and then take it away from them?

You do realise your supposed solution is actually worse off overall because it creates a society of dependence built around rationing out tolerance inducing drugs? How does that solve anything?

How is making certain drugs illegal a lie anyway? There's been numerous studies to prove their harm as well as observational accounts of addicted users, how in any sense does that make the government liars?

Your view is incredibly shaky at best and seems to stem more from an irrational fear of 'criminals and mobs' than any tangible reason that drugs should be legalised.