Drunken Robot Wins School Board Election

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Anything inolving Bender is awesome by defualt.

Craazhy said:
"My first order of business is to relocate all school funds and budgets to my wallet. Secondly, I'll need to investigate all the alcoholic beverages we've confiscated from the students today.

And the 'Histories and Tales of Bender the Great' class will now be mandatory with enrollment... Someone make a 'Histories and Tales of Bender the Great' class... and hire a professor."
You have crafted a reality that no person with a decent sense of humor could not want to be in. We have a winner of everything!

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
It's not everyday that you can have fun AND improve our democratic processes. Well done.

This reminds me of a few years back when my university elected Cobra Commander as the Aerospace Senator. No hacking involved, though. Just hardcore, grassroots campaigning. Man, did I waste time in college.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
But will people wake up to the insecurity of most e-voting systems? Unlikely. Still, better for Bender to win than Skynet. Probably.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
E-voting is a stupid concept tbh. The old ballet paper system isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot safer than E-voting.

One of the very few situations in which the old un-virtual ways are better.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I am sure it has been said but it needs saying agian

ADMIN, REALLY THAT IS THE WORST USER NAME AND PASSWORD

I could have guessed it.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
vrbtny said:
Wait!! The password was admin?!!!

That's so stupid of them.

Because everyone knows that the most secure password is simply "password"
Nope. "password1". I require numbers AND letters!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
B-but I'd vote for Bender. D:

It's funny because my job's password is also Admin, and the password is 12345. Yeah, have stolen money from the store before.Like, twice. You;d think they would know better by now.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
This seems appropriate.

Patrick Star/Bender 2012

Even though I don't live in America, I will still find a way to vote for that.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
squid5580 said:
vrbtny said:
Wait!! The password was admin?!!!

That's so stupid of them.

Because everyone knows that the most secure password is simply "password"
Ya know "admin" is actually a brilliant password (so is password for that matter). I mean seriously it would be the last thing I would choose if I were trying to hack someone because no no one could actually be stupid enough to use it and still be able to turn the power on a computer.
the best password is -1. now that is never gonig to be guessed. "admin" is the first password i try on everything. wait, i told too much, i must kill you now.

P.S. capcha: be careful

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well...at least we know he'll be stealing from us. And, you know, he's still a better candidate than any of the ones we've got.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Why do you think they ARE pushing the electronics system so hard? Do you think they care about the elections? Fuck that they elect a random guy based on corporate interests. Do you think anyone will notice if they did? Can I demand to come in and personally recount the votes if I wanted? No.

This is all just to make it easier for the secret world government to be fraudulent. After all now they don't even have to pretend to count the votes any more. People just enter it into the machine and 5 seconds later the pre-programmed candidate is elected.

Just be happy that our corporate overlords are so into streamlining.

/This paranoid message was brought to you by Corporate America.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
WMDogma said:
From there, they were able to guess the user name and password details for the server used by the voting system, which, pathetically, were both "admin".
Any security personnel stupid enough to leave the password or set the password to something as ridiculous to access a system as critically important as this deserves to lose their job.

Disasterpiece Press

Jan 2, 2012
WMDogma said:
Drunken Robot Wins School Board Election

From there, they were able to guess the user name and password details for the server used by the voting system, which, pathetically, were both "admin".

I was waiting for a flight last week at the airport, bored, and I watched a member of TSA walk into one of the locked doors with a keypad lock. Without even attempting to hide what she was doing, she typed in the code "1234". I held my facepalm for a good ten minutes. Good thing we take off our shoes....

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Craazhy said:
"My first order of business is to relocate all school funds and budgets to my wallet. Secondly, I'll need to investigate all the alcoholic beverages we've confiscated from the students today.

And the 'Histories and Tales of Bender the Great' class will now be mandatory with enrollment... Someone make a 'Histories and Tales of Bender the Great' class... and hire a professor with Black Jack and Hookers!"
Fixed a glaring oversight for you :p

I would hope this was a case of them not wanting to put an actual username / password on the machine with plans of changing it later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they planed to keep it that way, why make a secure username / password when that means actually having your workings remember something. Parrish the thought of that.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Baneat said:
WMDogma said:
Any security personnel stupid enough to leave the password or set the password to something as ridiculous to access a system as critically important as this deserves to lose their job.
And be charged with criminal negligence at the very least. Leaving a national election open to being easily rigged is one of the worst things you can do by accident. Is there such a thing as involuntary treason? Because I would classify it as that. I mean, anyone could be set up to win, even some crazy homicidal maniac already serving several consecutive life sentences in prison.

Oh wait, except that the two-party system makes it a guarantee that the only people who could ever win any election are pre-approved and sanctioned by, if not more than half the country, than at least one of the two political organizations that close to half the country trusts whether they deserve to or not. Anyone else winning the popular vote would likely be considered grounds for immediate investigation, if not automatic disqualification, even if it was legit. Silly me. Carry on, then, I guess.