Dualshock for PS3 Available This Week

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
Dualshock for PS3 Available This Week

Back by popular demand, Sony's Dualshock/Sixaxis controllers for the Playstation 3 will be available at retail later this week.

The enhanced controllers, featuring the in-hand vibration Sony popularized with its Playstation 2 controller, will be in stores for purchase on April 4th. They will retail for $54.99, five dollars less than the cost of a new PS3 game.

PS3 owners must now must decide if a rumble feature is worth tossing out their already purchased controllers, which are only equipped with the Sixaxis motion feature.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
I seriously do not understand why this useless rumble feature is so important. It is indeed a useless feature and if anything will drain the battery even faster.

Sorry but I will stick to my lighter, longer battery lasting Sixaxis.

TheCakeIsALie

Jan 19, 2008
Digikid said:
I seriously do not understand why this useless rumble feature is so important. It is indeed a useless feature and if anything will drain the battery even faster.

Sorry but I will stick to my lighter, longer battery lasting Sixaxis.
OK, I'll be here having fun with MGS4 and every other game released on the PSX/2. And you and your limp wrists can sit there, dreading the moment you have to walk 4 feet to plug your freakin' controller in to charge it for what...an hour, hour and a half. Tops.

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Hmm, reminds me of the original Xbox controller situation somewhat.
I don't know if i was just trying to be difficult or what, but I truly loved the original big boy controller. It was satisfying to grasp the behemoth sweaty-palmed, and pound the shit out of it.

But eventually, yes, wrist problems.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Agreed. Sony could learn a lot about PROPER controller design from the Controller S and the 360 Controller.