Dublin ISPs and Telecoms.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I'm moving to Dublin very soon and I would love some advice on a good choice for ISP and Telecom and I figured the Escapist would be the best place to ask.

I'm looking for a reliable ISP that doesn't crash often and provides decent ping, and preferably decent speed. Same goes for the telecom, where I would like one of those contracts with a built in package for 3G/4G which gives a few gigs for free and once you cross the limit it only slows down, not bills me further.

I'm also unsure if I'll be able to sign contracts with those companies as a non-local so any info on that would be appreciated to.

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
I'm using Eircom E-Fibre, their highest tier service at the moment. While in the past, yes there have been problems with Eircom (last time we were on them and it was my flatmate paying the bills, they once tried to overcharge her, and when the bank wouldn't let the payment through cause, ya know, it's an overcharge, and she complained, they cut service) this time around, I haven't gotten anything to complain about. I've had the E-fibre for about two months now and have only had a couple drops in service that were easily solved by resetting the modem.
In fact, the only thing I can actually complain about is the modem you get for E-fibre - it has a couple of USB 3.0 ports for you to plug in a memory stick or hard drive, but stupidly only supports FAT/FAT32. There's no support for NTFS, so multiple terabyte drives are a no go with the modem.

If you don't want Eircom, go with Digiweb. They were my previous ISP, I had literally no problems with them. I only switched to Eircom because Eircom's unlimited bandwidth offering on Fibre was cheaper than Digiweb's.