Duke Nukem Due for Resurgence in Coming Years

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
I'm so tired of this. Would it just die already?
Just like Duke Nukem...he will never, ever give up...

Not itll he has babes!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
I'm so tired of this. Would it just die already?
A thousand times this.

If I wanted a generic and campy shooter with lame Bruce Campbell one-liners, I'd play an actual generic and campy shooter with lame Bruce Campbell one-liners... Like the Evil Dead games.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I actually had to check the date on this one, and when I saw that it WASN'T a 4 year old necro, I laughed a little.

Duke Nukem was born of the same design philosophy as Sonic the Hedgehog.

That shit just doesn't fly anymore. Both characters reek of the mid 90s, and that's where they belong. The future of humanity should only see Sonic and Duke Nukem if they develop time travel, because they're artifacts of a forgotten time, with parachute pants and naughty words shaved into the heads of the young and the rebellious. Of beastie boys, and Saved by the Bell. Saturday Morning Cartoons, and TGIF.

Stay gold Nukem, Stay Gold.

Xersues

DRM-free or give me death!
Dec 11, 2009
Duke Nukem is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. You all didn't know that? When he finally emerges from his binary hell-hole it'll be a bloody massacre. Or something.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
What are they gonna do? The FPS market is so bloated now, they should just take Duke to another genre.

Maybe RPGs? Like Fallout, but with Duke Nukem.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Monshroud said:
I agree that if 3D Realms just slapped some high-res textures and some updated sound on DN3D that would probably sell quite a few copies. If they also dropped it on XBL and PSN that would help too... There is now a whole generation of gamers that keep hearing about Duke but have never played it.

The other problem with DNF is that people have been waiting so long and it has become so over-hyped that if the 2nd coming of Christ isn't in the box people will just be disappointed...
NOOOOOOOOO Ninja'd!
lol ninja