Duke Nukem Forever $25 on Steam. Should I get it?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
I would just say NO but that would be low content. So i'll post it several times.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
kyosai7 said:
Read topic title. Part of me wants it for laughs, part of me wants it because I'm a Duke Nukem fanboy, and part of me wants it because it's Duke Nukem Forever, the game nobody thought would ever come out.

Tell me, Escapist, is it worth it?!
Not for 25$(Maybe 10 or 5)! Get it with the 2k complete package or something, you get a lot more out of it that way ._.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
just wait till its lower, my man.

i have the game, and its not nearly as bad as people say. its not GOOD, but its still goofy fun.

im sure youll spot it for 15 bucks, eventually. id snag it then, if i were you.

also, if you do buy it at some point, play it on easy or normal difficulty. you die a lot in the game, and the loading screens are the worst part. try to lower your death count as much as you can... avoid high difficulties

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Well I liked it.

Not sure you will though. Play the demo and make up your own mind. If you like it, then go for it, if not, no sweat.

(The sheer amount of people saying it's an abomination of mankind really hurts my self esteem and belief in my own opinions.)

Calumon: Ummmm... *Calu-hug to the face*

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
From all I've seen, heard, and played, don't bother. Especially for that price. You'll find it in the bargain bin, or on deep sale by the end of the year. That such a recent big name game is 50% off barely a month after release!!! should be warning enough to stay the hell away.

I would like to thank you, however, for prompting me to check Steam to confirm this, and thus resulting in me buying a game. I'm supposed to be saving up for a holiday, and to move out of my parent's house! Luckily it was Terraria for £1.49 so it's not too bad (I've heard good things about it).

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
No, just no.
As so many other people have said, there is so much more to be had out there.
Like Half-life 1 if you haven't got it already, or the orange box.
Sorry, i was just thinking mainly about half-life.
But there's loads more fun to be had than, eh... DNF.

Dukenstein

Jul 14, 2010
As a Duke Fanboy I have put multiple hours into it and still having fun. This is really the wrong website to ask as most people here are very Jaded and are all.. "PORTAL 2 is a godsend." Portal 2 imo is a godsend to my pc game shelf as I am never going to play it again after beating it. 0 replay value imo.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Nyquisted said:
But Portal 2 is the same price!
And it's MUCH BETTER.
Indeed. The gods of taste will shed tears if you get Duke.
Jack and Calumon said:
Well I liked it.

Not sure you will though. Play the demo and make up your own mind. If you like it, then go for it, if not, no sweat.

(The sheer amount of people saying it's an abomination of mankind really hurts my self esteem and belief in my own opinions.)

Calumon: Ummmm... *Calu-hug to the face*
A shameless advertisement with shameless advertisement commented on it?

Good review by the way

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Do not buy it. If you do the industry will learn absolutely no lesson from this pathetic joke of a game.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
If there was nothing else on sale? Maybe. However, there are tons of other games on sale that are probably better and more fun than DNF. Also, I second everyone's comments about getting the Serious Sam games. They're great and brutally difficult games.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
Not been out that long and it's been discounted; and it's defiantly not a gold edition xD

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
I would say it depends. GO watch some gameplay walkthrough's on youtube to get a sense of the game and if it looks like its worth $25 sure go for it. If not, wait till it goes down more.

IMO DNF was about as mediocre as mediocre gets so $25 isnt a bad price but whether its worth it or not is completely up to you

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
DNF is everything one could want in a Duke Nukem game. He was made to be a satire of every bad 80's action movie ever produced.

I think its a great game that no one likes because they dont really understand why the game was made the way it was made.

Its all about the satire.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
If it's a product that's seen a 50 % reduction less than a month after it came out, then the answer should probably tend heavily towards the "No" side of things.

If you don't have it, cut out the nostalgia middle man and get the original Duke Nukem 3D for 6 $ though.