Duke Nukem forever....FINALLY!

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
Well I, like many other fans have been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever for over 10 years now! But after 3D Realms went bust, I pretty much gave up hope. However, while surfing the web yesterday I stumbled upon this link:

http://www.dukenukemforever.com/#?trailer

MY GOD!! ITS FINALLY COMING OUT!!

I jumped with glee at the May 3rd release date and immediately re-installed ever Duke Nukem game I own and have been playing them non stop.
Are there any other Duke Nukem Forever followers out there? The wait is finally over!

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah, we've known about this for a while. It was announced at PAX 2010.

I was at PAX 2010, and I saw the big Duke Nukem Forever booth. I had the following conversation:

Me: Is this a joke?
Guy: Nope.
Me: That was a joke, too. You're joking, right?
Guy: No.
Me: Seriously, though, this is a joke, right?
Me: You're joking, right? This is some kind of joke? They can't actually have Duke Nukem Forever, right?
Guy: Nope, and yes they can. The Duke is back.
Me, leaving: That was a joke, too, right?

I still have a bit of trouble believing it, but it looks good.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
You're either an adbot or completely ignorant of gaming news. You claim to have been waiting for Duke Nukem 3D forever, and you only had to reinstall old Duke Nukem games to be able to play them, which tells me that you're at least a semi-dedicated gamer. The inconsistencies in your story lead me to believe you're an adbot.

EDIT: But captchas exist now! The plot thickens...

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
This is pretty old news. Just putting it out there.

On topic, I've got mixed feelings about it. I thought the Duke Nukem games were really cool and edgy when I was a kid (strippers! TEE HEE!), but unless the series is looking to undergo a complete gameplay overhaul, I'm not really seeing how it's supposed to compete in a market already saturated with hundreds of shooters.

The whole thing was pretty fresh in 1996, but it's a different world. If Duke doesn't innovate, he's gonna get lost in a sea of similar titles and make this whole comeback thing into an even bigger joke than the "it'll be done when it's done" release date was.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Omikron009 said:
You're either an adbot or completely ignorant of gaming news. You claim to have been waiting for Duke Nukem 3D forever, and you only had to reinstall old Duke Nukem games to be able to play them, which tells me that you're at least a semi-dedicated gamer. The inconsistencies in your story lead me to believe you're an adbot.

EDIT: But captchas exist now! The plot thickens...
Must be some sort of alien technology. You know what they say: First there are adbots, then they take over the world. It's pretty devious if you ask me.

OT: Yeah this particular piece of news has been out for a long while now.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
I just hope that it features split-screen versus, and co-op à la Borderlands. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
DominicxD said:
Sure is last week in here.
Actually I'm thinking, sure is last few months in here. It had playable demos at some game convention like 2 months ago.

Edit: Didn't see I was Ninja'd.

Chamale said:
Yeah, we've known about this for a while. It was announced at PAX 2010.

I was at PAX 2010, and I saw the big Duke Nukem Forever booth. I had the following conversation:

Me: Is this a joke?
Me: That was a joke, too. You're joking, right?
Guy: No.
Me: Seriously, though, this is a joke, right?
Me: You're joking, right? This is some kind of joke? They can't actually have Duke Nukem Forever, right?
Guy: Nope, and yes they can. The Duke is back.
Me, leaving: That was a joke, too, right?

I still have a bit of trouble believing it, but it looks good.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
I wish I was the OP, so I could be pleasantly surprised all over again.

I'm pretty psyched for this game. It's going to be god old-fashioned FPS fun.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Oddly enough, I'm sort-of disappointed that it is coming out. I guess I got used to the idea that the franchise was dead.

In any case, I'm probably going to buy it on Steam. Just not on launch day, well, maybe if it's going for under $30.