Duke Nukem Forever is Complete! (Maybe)

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
MrDeckard said:
[image/]http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg?w=300&h=391[/IMG]
It's DEAD! Get over it.
This. Duke Nukem was funny, in a rather stereotypically backward sort of way, but do we really need more wisecracking misogynists around? He is a one-note character. I really think we should take Yahtzee's advice and forget about this game forever.

dangdiggityderek

Aug 8, 2009
Fredrikorex said:
dangdiggityderek said:
Space Jawa said:
Well, yeah it's done. Was the memo missed about how ZP has already reviewed the game?
Wait wasn't that a joke, if this is the review from last summer or did i miss something
It was only a joke.
thought so but at least we can hope with this new news that the game may actually come out.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Kind of funny how the whole conspiracy of DNF has caused the game to actually last forever in mystery and Legend XD

I still laugh that people thought Yahtzee was serious about that review, even though I thought that myself.

Maybe the company noticed that That Review one the viewers choice and went "Oh wow maybe we should actually finish that game."

Jay Cool

Jul 28, 2010
Haha! I know it sounds silly but I just realised the acronym for Duke Nukem Forever is DNF, a racing acronym for Did Not Finish.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
I love The Duke as much as the next guy but there is no way this game will be amazing and nostalgia alone cannot carry it to greatness.

I mean the company couldn't even bother to finish the damn thing. Let us leave the Duke where he belongs, in our memories.

Kilgengoor

Sep 7, 2010
Well, I think finally releasing DNF would be nice. Add some closure to it, you know.

Besides, it's an already discontinued project, and in my opinion Gearbox's release will be at some extent different from what was originally planned. Instead of a continually delayed game because of a maniac creator who couldn't settle for not one level design, it finally has been bought by a company that actually, you know, wants to see the game released. So, while reviewers and people who's been expecting this game will still account for the decade this game's been in the making and subsecuently will bash on it mercilessly, at the end of the day we'll be playing an adapted, so-so shooter inspired in a game that has been hyping us for so 10 years. Everybody wins.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Well, I'm betting in the rating now.

With hype, maybe 9/10.

One everyone gets over it, 7/10 or less.

Kilgengoor

Sep 7, 2010
I don't think it has been posted yet, or at least I haven't seen it by flipping through the thread, so here you go

Duke Nukem Forever is Not Bulls--t [http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118240p1.html], on IGN