Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Dropped

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
I think Yahtzee said it best: "Let's just all fucking forget about this game forever!" I mean, if in 12 years they can't make it, then they clearly won't ever do it. I bet we'll never hear another peep about this game for the rest of the decade.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
And thus the epic saga of Duke Nukem Forever begins again. Truly...okay, this isn't epic enough. Let me try again.

Between the time when Mario and Sonic was the great console mascot battle and motion controls were but a dream of the future, there was an age of 3-D first-person shooters that were not really 3-D but we bought it anyway because we were stupid at that time. And on this, Duke Nukem, destined to wear really cool sunglasses upon a sneering face. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell you of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of Duke Nukem Forever's endless delays and hardware changes.

Perhaps this will help you visualize it.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
wait...what?? I'm not sure if that last line was to be taken seriously or...
well idk I didn't grow up playing DN so I don't have an intense longing for DNF, just interest and curiosity lol

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Tarakos said:
I think Yahtzee said it best: "Let's just all fucking forget about this game forever!" I mean, if in 12 years they can't make it, then they clearly won't ever do it. I bet we'll never hear another peep about this game for the rest of the decade.
I'm hoping this game gets released and tanks, so it will be like a horror story for student procrastinators of how shitty their lives could end up(No offence to 3D realms studio, and this is assuming they aren't living richer lives then 90% of the people on these forums)

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Ofcourse, the amount of time it was delayed means, if they continued the current build, it will be outdated; so they're starting again from scratch.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
At this point in time, the only way I can see this game being any good if it ever gets released would be as a blatant self-parody, as that could actually be kind of funny. I can't even imagine a serious Duke Nukem title impressing anyone after 12 freaking years of hype with little to show for it.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
With the legal bickering out of the way, development on Duke Nukem Forever can, in theory at least, begin again. I can hardly wait!
Come on Andy! I was expecting you to be the last person to be giving me false hope!
Call me when the game is in stores, and maybe then I'll consider believing in old Dukey once more.(my poor heart can't take the stress; you understand, don't you?)

slowpoke999 said:
I'm hoping this game gets released and tanks, so it will be like a horror story for student procrastinators of how shitty their lives could end up(No offence to 3D realms studio, and this is assuming they aren't living richer lives then 90% of the people on these forums)
Yeah, I'm hoping it gets released, too(for similar reasons).

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I wish I was a millionaire now just so I could fund it or buy it out and get it over with.

CKalvin

Sep 21, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
I'd happily nominate this game "The game that never really made it despite the hype"

Seriously, what's so great about waiting for this game whilst massive 'blockbusters' are poppin' out each year.
The wait itself is what makes it epic. Modern Warfare 842523147 will come and go, but we'll still be waiting forever for Duke Nukem <3

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
If this isn't the greatest thing since sliced wheel I might murder some kittens...Yeah.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
duchaked said:
wait...what?? I'm not sure if that last line was to be taken seriously or...
well idk I didn't grow up playing DN so I don't have an intense longing for DNF, just interest and curiosity lol
Same here I know nothing of duke nukem other than this air of him always never coming out. Being nosy I would really love to have a ear on someone who was inside this company and truly figure out what was going on behind closed doors.