Duke Nukem Forever.... NEW FOOTAGE

Raptoricus

Jan 13, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pr3mT2TOo4&feature=player_embedded

Well, this is either my childhood dream finally being fulfilled, or a horrific joke :/.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I refuse to get my hopes up. Even if it looks legit.

Oh, Duke, you've played with my heart far too many times...

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I'm going to take that with a couple of tonnes of salt.

[sub]There's already a thread about this.[/sub]

Raptoricus

Jan 13, 2009
Cajt said:

Ah sorry, I did search, but all I got was a tonne of old Duke Nukem Forever threads.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Hazy said:
I refuse to get my hopes up. Even if it looks legit.

Oh, Duke, you've played with my heart far too many times...
I've given up hope long ago. I'm not bringing it back, because I know I'll be sad.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Someone please explain the appeal of this game to me. I seem to be missing what is so compelling.

Raptoricus

Jan 13, 2009
the antithesis said:
Someone please explain the appeal of this game to me. I seem to be missing what is so compelling.
Well, you've probably not played the original duke3d, that game defined a lot of our childhoods. So whenever we see anything duke nukem related, our rose tinted nostalgia goggles are firmly on, and hey IT'S DUKE!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
This game has been dead to me for years. Nothing is going to revive it now. Mostly due to the fact that Duke ceased to appeal to me long before Duke Nukem Forever was even announced.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
the antithesis said:
You're right, it would have been Just Another Shooter. The only thing that would upset fans more than not releasing the game...was if they actually released it.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
"We've never said that Duke Nukem Forever has ceased development," explaining "yes, we released the internal team, but that doesn't correlate to the demise of the project."[49] According to a recent interview with magazine Gamesauce, "3D Realms has laid off the game's internal development team, but still plans to most likely work with external development studios to develop the game."
- <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever#2007.E2.80.932009>source

If you'll excuse me, I have some dancing to do. I don't even care if that video is fake, I just want to dance at the possibility.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I never understood the mania behind this. I did play Duke 3D, but only briefly due to the fact that I probably wasn't old enough for the game or the character to appeal to me.

I can't help but grin any time a thread like this comes along, because gaming's greatest running gag in existence simply won't die. ^^

Asurnasurpal

Apr 6, 2010
I think that Duke died halfway through the developement proccess and they are now jumping up and down on his corpse in the hope he will wake up.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Raptoricus said:
Well, you've probably not played the original duke3d, that game defined a lot of our childhoods. So whenever we see anything duke nukem related, our rose tinted nostalgia goggles are firmly on, and hey IT'S DUKE!
I see. Well, once someone like JJ Abrams, Michael Bay, or Christopher Nolan gets their filthy hands on it, that nostalgia will be knocked out of you so hard your balls will retreat back up into your abdominal cavity.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Raptoricus said:
Cajt said:

Ah sorry, I did search, but all I got was a tonne of old Duke Nukem Forever threads.
2 Threads xD

Always Bet on Duke was one of em New Duke Nukem Forever trailer leaked was the other