Duke Nukem Gets His Own Cocktail

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Duke Nukem Gets His Own Cocktail

Duke probably doesn't drink cocktails, but if he did, this would be a good place to start.

With Duke Nukem Forever tantalizingly close to release after more than a decade in development, what better way to celebrate than with a cocktail inspired by the man himself? The folks over at the Drunken Moogle have created the "Nukem," a drink that combines high-strength booze and fire.

The Nukem is a combination of rum, vodka, Mello Yello, and moonshine, which Drunken Moogle says is the clost thing to rocket fuel or nuclear waste that they could think of. However, if you can't get any moonshine, Drunken Moogle says that any suitably high-proof liquor will do. The first three ingredients are mixed together and poured into a glass, and then the moonshine - or whatever you happen to be using - is floated on the top and lit. Then it's simply a case of blowing out the flames and enjoying your drink.

Honestly, Duke doesn't seem like much of a cocktail drinker to me, but if he did, he'd probably like the Nukem. Aside from being named after him, it's green and it's on fire; how could he possibly resist? You can find the full recipe on the Drunken Moogle website [http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/post/6376744514/nukem-duke-nukem-forever-cocktail-ingredients ], along with dozens more videogame and otherwise geek-themed beverages.

Duke Nukem Forever comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on June 14th.

Source: via Nerdcore [http://www.crackajack.de/2011/06/10/duke-nukem-forever-cocktail/]

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I wonder if you could get a Virgin Nukem. I wonder what would be in it.

Probably just a glass of water.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
There is nothing to celebrate... But I guess if I drink enough I might forget the last 5 hours of playing the game.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
lol Duke Nukem sounds like an awesome name for a drink!

And that actually sounds good, wouldn't mind trying one...

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I'd rather just have the glass. Alcohol all takes like crap to me. I'd much rather have milk. I'm sure Duke would also prefer milk, though from a different teet and probably in a much different glass...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Can you only buy 2 at a time? hehe i kid xD

Meh not a big alcohol fan...Seriously i have never been drunk, Not even on my 18th.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
CommanderKirov said:
There is nothing to celebrate... But I guess if I drink enough I might forget the last 5 hours of playing the game.
So true. The farther I progress into the game, the more I'm convinced it really is gonna stay that bad. :(

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
er the game is already out where I live. I saw it in a store yesterday (and boy was that weird to see lol. DNF finally in stores!)

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
So presumably it takes 12 years to mix, the bartender gives up half way through, and is a massive let down when you finally get it.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
So the last ingredient could be ever-clear? That'd be one nasty drink. In at least two ways that I can think of.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
"Yello Mello?"
Sigh. Oh wello.
:D
This sounds... dangerous. And from what I've heard, the game doesn't really deserve all the hype. Then again, from what I've heard, the Rapture happened a couple weeks ago.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Corpse XxX said:
Its waste of alcohol to light it on fire.. It makes the drink weaker..
You might be surprised how little alcohol is actually burned off when lit or in cooking. It's a pretty common misconception. Even set aflame it's going to retain around 75% of the alcohol.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
He probably would think the drink is like power armor, it's for pussies. He's a beer man and would never change. Seem like an interesting drink though. I'd give it a try... and be called a pussy by the Duke.

Also being Australian I've already been playing Duke Nukem Forever. All I can say is lower your expectations because they will ruin the game for you if it's too high. I'm having fun though.