Duke Nukem Lends Voice to NeoGAF-Developed Videogame

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Well the title and premise definitely far exceed the greatness of the game...
I was playing for a solid second and a half before I was one shot killed by a kinder surprise capsule with goggles on...
I started to live longer the more I played, but I can't say I'm awe-struck by it so far...
Although seeing as it's from a developer with no paid employees...
I'll overlook it for now.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe...well, it certainly wins a prize for most original name XD

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I wish game developers had enough freedom to make things as awesome as this :(

Jocchan

Feb 9, 2010
Hi, I'm from the Dudebro team. Thanks for all the kind comments :)

The_root_of_all_evil said:

Oh dear

Stick with weapon 1, run around screen, point at bots...rinse and repeat. All the rest of the stuff is pointless. A poor RoboTron clone at best at the moment. This sort of thing disappeared with Re-Loaded.
Not a surprise, considering most of the gameplay is not done yet.
The build isn't a demo and is nowhere near representative of the final game, it wasn't meant for a public release (but I guess this happens when you do everything out in the open) especially if you consider the map and models are placeholders.
So, don't worry and have trust :)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
It asks me to download some player, and I'm weary.

The game sounds epic.

Feb 13, 2008
Jocchan said:
I worry constantly, but you're right. It's an uber-early build and I shouldn't judge, but like you say, once it's out in the open, the judging starts.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
I hope this ends up doing for shooters what Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden did for JRPGs, i.e. thoroughly and hilariously mock them and every single stereotype associated with them while still being fun to play on its own. I am cautiously optimistic.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
I think the correct response is along the lines of: FUCK YES!

BROFIST! Broiest game to ever bro.

Jocchan

Feb 9, 2010
Jocchan said:
I worry constantly, but you're right. It's an uber-early build and I shouldn't judge, but like you say, once it's out in the open, the judging starts.
As I said, the link wasn't supposed to be released out in the open, or at least not outside the thread used by the team to aid development, because the build is too early to be considered a playable demo.
You wouldn't judge a book from an early handwritten draft of the first few pages with huge "this needs to be changed" notes all over the place, would you? ;)

Nalgas D. Lemur said:
I hope this ends up doing for shooters what Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden did for JRPGs, i.e. thoroughly and hilariously mock them and every single stereotype associated with them while still being fun to play on its own. I am cautiously optimistic.
I should definitely play that game.
Anyway, yes: the goal is making a fun game first, jokes and stereotypes are lower than gameplay and enjoyment in our scale of priorities :)

Feb 13, 2008
Jocchan said:
You wouldn't judge a book from an early handwritten draft of the first few pages with huge "this needs to be changed" notes all over the place, would you? ;)
With me...probably. I'm a nit-picker :)

If I could add in a note, making all the keys in close proximity to each other would help in a frantic game, as I found that simply holding down mouse 1 and circle strafing allowed me to continuously build up points while stopping still for a second to press "lift" or change weapons got me gutted.

But if you can keep us all informed, I'm sure we'll give you our feedback free of charge :)

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
"I don't need any fucking casuals on my team. Go back to your exercise games!"

Awesome. Can't wait for the final version.

Jocchan

Feb 9, 2010
Jocchan said:
With me...probably. I'm a nit-picker :)

If I could add in a note, making all the keys in close proximity to each other would help in a frantic game, as I found that simply holding down mouse 1 and circle strafing allowed me to continuously build up points while stopping still for a second to press "lift" or change weapons got me gutted.

But if you can keep us all informed, I'm sure we'll give you our feedback free of charge :)
Don't worry, the button configuration is going to change considerably :)
And thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Why do I get the feeling that when this game comes out, an episode of How I Met Your Mother will come out revolving around Barney's addiction to it?

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008

Oh dear

Stick with weapon 1, run around screen, point at bots...rinse and repeat. All the rest of the stuff is pointless. A poor RoboTron clone at best at the moment. This sort of thing disappeared with Re-Loaded.
...Someone actually remembers Re-Loaded?