Dumb/Out of Place Video Game Character Names

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Basically this thread is asking the question "What characters in video games that you have played are named something that does not seem quite appropriate for them?" I for one would have to go with Alex Mercer's other monicer Codename: Zeus. Okay so he is a shapeshifting (though if you have any sense, constantly armored) monster with claws and super-human attributes that was spawned from something you call Mother and you didn't call him Grendel? That is just dumb.
P.S. I actually really like that game, I just thought that that name was poorly chosen.

Jul 9, 2008
To add to the OP, why did they call Elizabeth Greene's other child/spawn Pariah? I mean, that works, but there are so many more appropriate names.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
in ffx, i'd say lulu's name was out of place, as all the othere names are names that no person would name there children, then there's ,well, lulu. so... normal sounding.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
orannis62 said:
squidbuddy99 said:
Harold and Herbert. No wait, sorry. I meant to say Harold and Bob.
Really? I thought that fit pretty well.
It certainly works better that Harold and Holyfucktheresagianttreegrowingoutofmyhead.

Say that three times fast.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
orannis62 said:
squidbuddy99 said:
Harold and Herbert. No wait, sorry. I meant to say Harold and Bob.
Really? I thought that fit pretty well.
A talking hilbilly tree-man who has given a name to said tree? There's only one character in Fallout 3 that's weirder than that.
"GIVE ME THE NAUGHTY NIGHTWEAR!!1!!"

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
robert632 said:
in ffx, i'd say lulu's name was out of place, as all the othere names are names that no person would name there children, then there's ,well, lulu. so... normal sounding.
Are you telling me you wouldn't name a kid Tidus, Wakka, Yuna or Rikku?

OT: I'm going to go Desmond from Assassin's Creed. To me it just didn't fit.

Gamurga

Sep 4, 2009
I'd have to go with Waluigi. It sounds terrible and it doesn't even make sense.
Mario - Wario ... OK, I get it...
Luigi - Waluigi ... now, that's pretty far fetched...

On the other hand: A stupid character deserves a stupid name, so maybe the name isn't really out of place. Luckily he never got his own game.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
A character that appears early in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time to assist you with one of the game's puzzles (activating the palace security). The Arabic atmosphere is great, the voicework for the Prince and Farah is great, and then this guy blunders in shouting all of his lines at the top of his lungs with an accent that sounds more British than anything.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the word "Names" in the title. Ah well, here's a dumb/out of place video game character.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008

If you thought badass intelligent antagonist with lazers a fire sword and dragon cannons and actual muscle mass, then you're correct!
I mean, compared to a lot of Jrpg bad guys, he's one of my vary favorites, so I'm a bit biased.
Of course, the dragon lazers are still... Well, he gets the power of this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5SBTU_80rE&feature=related] dragon.

Legend of Dragoon wasn't very good at names in general, though...