Dumbest A.I in a video game?

Pickel Surprise

May 22, 2009
I can't really think of the absolute dumbest AI I've ever seen, but I've been playing Crysis recently, and I must say that those guys are pretty dumb sometimes...

For example, I'm up on a hilltop with the precision rifle overlooking the entrance to an occupied town. I spot three guards at the entrance, so I figure I'll have to take them out quickly before they can take cover. One is manning a rather exposed turret, so I kill him first. The other two run around for about ten seconds, and then one of them jumps on the turret. I kill him too, seeing as he's immobile and still has no idea where I am. Before I can even think to myself how stupid it was of him to do that, the last guard does the same thing. Instead of searching for me or taking cover somewhere that I can't see, he gets right on that turret, unable to move and right in the middle of my sights.

That's not exactly what I'd call "real military tactics."

Pickel Surprise

May 22, 2009
sneak_copter said:
Sheva. URGH. URRRGGHHHH.

Why. WHY? WHY WAS SHE IN THE GAME??!?!??
Because a white man killing hordes of black people is racist.

Apparently a white man and an unhealthily tanned white woman killing hordes of black people is not...

Balgus

Jul 15, 2008
Guards in any mgs game,
1, Tranq guard
2, Wait
3, Guard checks guard on the ground
4, Rinse and repeat...

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
park92 said:
everyone in prototype you eat someone and no one gives a shit
This ,it`s somewhat hilarious to be able to empty a hangar full of people without anyone noticing

EDIT:Infamous deserves an honorable mention "OH MY GOD!!! those gangsters are shooting at the superhero!!!i know what i`ll do!!! i`ll wander between the 2 sides as they shoot at each other!!!" it`s not so bad if you`re being evil but it`s a real pain when your trying to be a goody two shoes

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Ha! My plan is working! While everyone else talks about what a douche sheva is i can talk about ashley from RE4!!!!
She sucks even more than sheva, because at least sheva can have guns, heal herself, and not get thrown by a zombie into a pile of explosives while i watch, dumbfounded

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I say it's a toss up between the Goomba from Super Mario Brothers, or Glass Joe from Punch Out!!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
AngloDoom said:
The guards in any of the Tenchu games. They were not so bad when they were alerted to your presence and they did reasonably well at acting as a team, but when you weren't glaring them in the face they were absolutely moronic; when you have a shuriken sticking out of your collarbone your initial reaction isn't "Must have been the wind."

That's pretty lousy security.
That was always part of Tenchu`s charm though,the feeling that you are way smarter and stronger than they are ,it`s kind of like being one of those rediculously awesome ninja`s from action movies

Patchi Knowledge

Jul 17, 2009
Oh boy, The other survivors in Resident evil outbreak (Help im being attacked!! Guys? Help?)
Gears of war 1's locust. Sat down next to a theron guard in the campaign and chatted about who would win Sera's next baseball game for 10 minutes then he hit me.
Starcraft movement pathing AI, Seige tanks + rocky cliff = Big delay.
Any Friendly AI in L4D (Sniping then suddenly Bill's head pops up in your scope)

greywolfsage

Aug 4, 2009
The marines have always been bad, i think ill even go so far as to say the Grunts are more intelligent. Except of course for the odd Grunt that lights up two stickys at 50m and tries to charge you...

And Dom was pathetic, honestly, it was nice that he couldn't actually die, but pulling him up in front of the flamethrower turrets in the Sire research facility was just rediculous. Especially cuz i had to do it 2 or 3 times before i got him outta range.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Well Lemmings where never too smart, always running to the ledge NO WAIT YOUR ALL GONNA BURN, BURN I- bugger.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
I say it's a toss up between the Goomba from Super Mario Brothers, or Glass Joe from Punch Out!!
Neither of those is controlled by an AI.

OT: The AI in Jedi Academy sucks badly...they make no attempt to use cover and commit suicide willingly sometimes.

issacization

Jul 6, 2009
General Ken8 said:
Ha! My plan is working! While everyone else talks about what a douche sheva is i can talk about ashley from RE4!!!!
She sucks even more than sheva, because at least sheva can have guns, heal herself, and not get thrown by a zombie into a pile of explosives while i watch, dumbfounded
plus Sheva dosnt keep getting captured by zombies.

Asciotes

Jul 24, 2009
super mario. Some of the enemies walk off the edges. It saves me the trouble of killing them though.