Dumbest Reason(s) for Hating a Game?

EinTheCorgi

Jun 6, 2010
because it has to much HUD or theres no regenerating health or it takes to many bullets to kill someone or the knife isnt instant...i swear people now a days all people want is cod cod cod cod cod

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
internetzealot1 said:
C2Ultima said:
Some guy told me "Assassin's Creed isn't fun because there are no guns".

He's a total dumbass obviously, because there ARE guns in Assassin's Creed.
Seriously, the Templars raid an Assassin hideout and all they bring is sticks?
They were trying to bring him in alive so no you wouldn't use guns. Why you wouldn't use tazers, gas, or flash bang grenades though is another issue entirely.

Malone II

Jun 3, 2010
"Microsoft are just milking halo now, they have made like 6 halo games."

Some dumb fuck wit who was in the same xbl party as me. We had an argument about the classic comparison (Halo VS CoD) and he pulled the milking card.

Yeah, because it's not like a new CoD comes out every year or that there is 8 CoDs. Idiot. I think They even had a mobile port.

then this.

"Halo's bad because it's too hard to kill people online." - equally dumb fuck wit

I admit, some of the other things like the toys seem a but much.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
RatRace123 said:
"LEGO Games are gay because the characters are all LEGO and it's for little kids."
You! Me! Here! NOW!

Ahem,
"It's not good because it's too small in size."

My friend meant that because of the graphics -_- and inb4 Penis jokes.

Stranger45

Jan 8, 2011
I Know this guy from school who wouldn't buy mass effect 2 because...

"Shepard Couldn't Jump In The Game"

(Insert Facepalm Here)

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
believer258 said:
Bad graphics, it's popular so it must suck, slow moving.

My excuse for not liking turn-based games is "Why the hell do I have to stand in a line? Can't I just attack them?"
I'd say the only justification for 'slow moving' is Resi 5. Fuck that game was fun, but there were so many thing that were fucked about it that made me hate it, chief among the reasons was 'slow moving'.

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
random_bars said:
My friend refuses to play Majora's Mask because the moon has a face.
Your friend deserves to have his ability to play anything other than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing removed. Majora's Mask is the best god damned game ever made, and if you disagree Shigeru Miyamoto will personally come to your place of residence and replace every electronic device you own with a Virtual Boy.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
This requires some explaining. I brought Fallout 1 to play in my computer class when I get my work done way ahead of time and my friend next to me was interested since he liked Fallout 3. Then when I got into a fight he lost interest because it looked boring. Now this is where things get weird. He loves Final Fantasy above all other games and that is why he bought a PS3. Yet a turned based game bores him because, "Well in Final Fantasy you just hit, 'attack, attack, attack.' In this game you move around and shit in the fight and that's boring."

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
On me playing Sins of a Solar Empire at college:

*Random doucher walks over to me, peers over the top of my screen and decrees, with that voice of arrogant self entitlement where you just know he's thinking "I'm right because I say so."*

"That game looks shit, it looks too small, I don't see any action and there are no guns."

* Suppressing what can only be described as a minor aneurysm, I proceed to zoom into a raging war going on between my fleet and the fleet of my enemy, whilst my capital ships bomb the hell out of a planet and my frigates deal with everything else*

Me: "Action-y enough for you?"

Him: "Tiny ships firing lasers? Gay."

At which point he walks off, I place my laptop down, pick up my Psychology book, Frisbee it, watch it arc over two people and collide satisfyingly with the back of his head.
That'll teach him for being a prick then, won't it.

God damn DOUCHERS.

Zolrak 22

Sep 9, 2009
HailtotheKing said:
Bad graphics (mentioned several times) has always been one of my favorites. Just because the game isn't in 18475z doesn't mean the game won't be fun.

Another favorite has always been "It looks too kiddy." I know several people who refused to play Borderlands or No More Heroes because they have cartoony graphics. Two incredibly fun, incredibly violent games that they wouldn't play because the graphics weren't "macho" enough for them. Seriously, the average "hardcore" game that people tend to think of as being for "real men" have a view of maturity that a 12 year old would laugh at. Drowning the scenery in dust and getting the VA's to imitate Christian Bale's Batman makes the game more childish than something like NMH that just has fun with itself, IMHO.
I actually had people look at me funny just because I don't mind the graphical style of the game... Every single time I'm playing something remotely "cartoony" people say its a kiddie game... even when its T or M rated....

Another one is because it has a story o_O . . . (So its bad that a game actually has a story now?...)

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
theSovietConnection said:
Because it's popular.

Because it isn't popular.

Because Yahtzee hated it.

Because it's not Call of Duty.

Because it is Call of Duty (no other reason, just it being Call of Duty).

Because it's made by [insert company here].

Because it's turn-based.

Because it isn't turn based.

There are many more I've heard, but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.
I think the turn based reasons are actually pretty legitimate reasons. Turn based combat is a major part of the game's design. It is a really defining feature that decides the pacing for the entire game. Some people prefer to be tactical, or have slow paced games that they can play without worrying about being interrupted, others don't have the patience to deal with a long drawn out battle that in real-time would probably either last 5 seconds, not to mention that turn based relies on statistics rather than player skill. Comparing Fallout 1 to Fallout 3 will explain this better.

An encounter in Fallout 1 with 2 Radscorpions could take forever since you have to choose to move, click on which Radscorpion you wanted to attack, wait for the attack animation, see that because your guns skill isn't very high you miss, fire again, hit for 7 points of damage, end turn. The first scorpion takes about 6 seconds to walk over to you and then attack twice, dealing 8 damage. The second scorpion walks over, attacks, misses. Your turn again and since you are low on health and lack the necessary healing items, decide to run away. You then move 5 feet away and end turn. The first scorpion follows and then the second scorpion follows. Each of these moving animations take like 5 seconds. This repeats three more times until you reach the area that lets you leave and go back to the map to travel.

The same encounter in Fallout 3: Start shooting at closest Radscorpion, and after 6 direct hits, it dies. You back up and reload at the same time while the other one quickly chases you. It reaches and attacks and does some damage, but you finish reloading and continue attacking while backing up and the scorpion lands one more hit before dying. In the end you spent 12 seconds killing them. In Fallout 1 this literal encounter lasted about a minute.

My friend apparently doesn't have the patients to put up with Fallout 1 and 2. It is very slow and admittedly is pretty boring when you really think about it. I however still like turn based combat, being a fan of D&D and Call of Cthulhu (the table top RPG), but I still prefer the games that aren't turn based.

And ironically, after saying all that, the reason I hate Final Fantasy with a passion is because it is turn based. It isn't the cool kind of turn based where some strategy comes into play by moving and attacking, the kind where you press attack button, watch your character do some sort of generic attack and then realize that even though you saw the sword slice through the guy, it somehow missed. The whole time you stand in line and patiently wait for the next person in order to do something. And while you do that in Fallout, at least there is some movement to add some strategy. Like seeing a melee combatant in the distance and attacking and then backing up, so that way he has to move even farther to get into attack range and therefore you kill him before he does any damage. I like that kind of turn based combat, that and KOTOR and Dragon Age where they disguise the turn based fighting by making it run at higher speed. That way you get the impression that people have reactions, unlike Fallout 1 and Final Fantasy where you basically stand still and watch your friend get beat in the face or stare down the monster that is slowing inching its way to you.