Dungeon Siege III: The Secret of Mana, Zelda, Mass Effect Mash Up

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
I never saw Dungeon Siege as a Diablo clone. There was far more dialogue and questing to do, and you truly felt stronger as you leveled.

However, Square's involvement is making me shake my head a bit. This makes two series they're involved in that I love. I would rather not see Square participating in making this title, especially since they're working in one of the major departments that made FF XIII do so badly as a game: story. Leave that to Obsidian and Chris Taylor, please.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
So it's going to be Dungeon siege but with severe bug prolems and whiny teenagers? Yeah that's right I went there, but that really is where I'm putting my money.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
While it is nice for a developer to be focused on the story more then they normally are, that is a double edged sword if it means the gameplay gets forgotten.

Remember Alpha Protocol anyone?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Eh...I don't see this as ending well. Obsidian cannot make a complete game, that much is known, and Square's influence, pushing them more towards story...I feel like if anything they should be pushing them more towards play-testing and making a complete game that isn't bug-ridden or half finished. That, and I have a bad feeling that when Square says more emphasis on story, they mean "There will be more cutscenes."

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Suuweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. That just put this game on my radar, good to see a hack and slash with brains.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
So it's going to be button mash ARGHHHH (god of war) with but loads of cutscenes (final fantasy), but some how point click adventure (dungeon siege 1) and with a boomerang at some point (Zelda).

Yay?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You lost my attention at Secret of Mana.

The only Mana games I like were...Legend of Mana. And just Legend of Mana, actually.

mogamer

Jan 26, 2010
MurderousToaster said:
I hope Obsidian remember to try and fix the glitches before their games are released this time. Perhaps they can try and make their reputation for making "good but flawed" games into a reputation for just making "good" games.
Obsidian + "Lofty Goals" = Release day patch needed.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
How about lawfull Evil and chaotic good?

That up there is nothing else than your typical Bad and Good-Yawn. X-P

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, I don't mind if both Sqeenix and Obsidian join forces with this one, but only if Obsidian won't carry over their awful lot of bugs.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
I hope Obsidian remember to try and fix the glitches before their games are released this time. Perhaps they can try and make their reputation for making "good but flawed" games into a reputation for just making "good" games.
My experiences with Obsidian titles have been more along the lines of "good if it weren't completely broken" games.

Fallout New Vegas has got to be the glitchiest mess I've ever played. I wasn't even fun anymore near the end. I'm amazed I was stubborn enough to finish it.

The fact that they're involved makes me want to avoid this title like the plague. I think my ps3 has only one more hard shut down left before it packs it's things and finds a new family.

Seriously, they should turn Obsidian into a family planning clinic. They only seem to be good at abortions.

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
Square/Enix: FF12 (mediocre, at best)
Square/Enix: FF13 (failed)
Square/Enix: FF14 online (failing)

Obsidian: KotOR 2 (fail)
Obsidian: Neverwinter Nights 2 (fail, in my opinion)
Obsidian: Fallout New Vegas (nearly failed, now treading water)

Not to point out obvious patterns, but I have noticed there does seem to be a trend as of late. Fans of the games series, I really wouldn't hold your breath. Or, at least, hope the mod community can fix the bad stuff that will undoubtedly be broken.

Personally, I'll be saving my money.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'm interested if only because playing a combination of Zelda and Mass Effect with some Ninja Gaiden God and God of War mixed in sounds very very pants tighteningly promising.