Durarara!! x2 Broadcast Begins January 2015

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Durarara!! x2 Broadcast Begins January 2015

Durarara!! season 2 continues in January 2015 where it left off from 2010.

Starting January 2015, the color gangs and mysteries return in the second season of Durarara!!, officially titled Durarara!! x2. This will be Studio Shuka's production debut as it replaces Brains Base, the animation studio responsible for the first season.

Durarara!! is a 13-volume light novel series by Ryohgo Narita with an anime and manga adaptation. The first TV anime series debuted in 2010 and covered only the first three volumes of the light novel series. Durarara!! x2 takes place six months after the end of the first season in Ikebukuro. The series' plot is told through converging plot lines from various characters throughout Ikebukuro. Mikado Ryuugamine moves to Tokyo to reunite with his friend Masaomi. Intrigued by the colorful life of Ikebukuro, Mikado gets involved with a list of people Masaomi warns him about and even sees a headless rider on a motorcycle. This is a modern story with a dose of the supernatural.

While Studio Shuka will be handling the production of Durarara!! x2, most of the staff worked on the first season. The producer of the first season founded Shuka, and he recruited most of the old staff for Durarara!! x2.

Nearly five years will have passed between the production of the first season to the second. Many fans had lost hope that there would ever be a second season of the anime, but the wait is almost over.

Source: Durarara!! [http://www.durarara.com/news/index.html#news31294]

Ichigo

Nov 13, 2012
I watched the first 5 episodes of the first season and it was super boring. fuck that shit

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Ichigo said:
I watched the first 5 episodes of the first season and it was super boring. fuck that shit
You didn't get it. It's not a series with a main protagonist in the conventional sense. It's about the whole setting and cast of characters. It's in my opinion one of the best animes to come out in the last 5 years. Makes popular acclaimed stuff like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online seem like a joke. All the characters connect.

Finish the damn series.

Aeryn Seoung

Aug 21, 2009
I'm so glad that the second season is happening. The last couple of episodes of the season seemed to drift off a little, and I really wondered where they were going to take the story.... this is a dream come true.

(Moreover, I really want to know what's going to happen in regards to Celty.)

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
Ichigo said:
You didn't get it. It's not a series with a main protagonist in the conventional sense. It's about the whole setting and cast of characters. It's in my opinion one of the best animes to come out in the last 5 years. Makes popular acclaimed stuff like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online seem like a joke. All the characters connect.

Finish the damn series.
Eh, I watched around 10-12 episodes but I ended up rather bored by this anime. I heard it got better towards the end but I got nothing out of it and added it to the small list of anime that I never finished. Which is a shame because it reminds me of Baccano which I love to bits. Might give it another go at some point.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Also recently started the first series thinking it was old and finished. It's a weird mix of interesting story progress but with some boring conversations. There are some characters who seem to be just there for no reason and I don't why they are supposed to be relevant like the Russian sushi guy, but I guess that will be revealed sooner or later.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
this show was like a boring baccano the focus is on the most uninteresting plot points, while the main plot gets sidetracked. and the music was awfull to the point of distraction. im not ussually this harsh, but the side characters were way more interesting esspecially when issac and miria showed up. i cant beleive i made it to the end. just go watch baccano!

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Best of the 3 said:
Which is a shame because it reminds me of Baccano which I love to bits.
That's because it's written by the same guy. >_>
----------------------------------
Wished Baccano also got a new season, but beggars can't be choosers.

Crazy Zaul said:
There are some characters who seem to be just there for no reason and I don't why they are supposed to be relevant like the Russian sushi guy, but I guess that will be revealed sooner or later.
Just like the usual Light Novel stuff, other characters will get their own story arc eventually.
Simon didn't have any major relevance in the first 3 arcs of the first season. but Him and Dennis (the other guy) will have major role in the future arcs.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Kaimax said:
Best of the 3 said:
Which is a shame because it reminds me of Baccano which I love to bits.
That's because it's written by the same guy. >_>
I know, I'm just saying it reminds me a lot of it.

And personally I'd prefer Baccano left alone, it's a nice story with a good beginning and end. Short and sweet.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Yes! I've been waiting for this! Durarara!! is one of my favorite animes! But it's definitely not for the attention deficit crowd as seen in this thread.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Best of the 3 said:
And personally I'd prefer Baccano left alone, it's a nice story with a good beginning and end. Short and sweet.
It really isn't about "good beginning and end", because what you saw in the anime was a very small handful of the whole story from the Light Novel, Basically you've only read the first 4 volumes if you only saw the anime.

-There are still many characters with untold pasts and future major roles (Huey Laforet, Elmer C. Albatross, Fermet)

Also The Light Novels covers a long ass amount of time in their story. Spanning from the early 1700s to 2000s. The anime mostly adapted the ones from 1930-1932 (around 4 volumes) and there's like 16 volumes in total.

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
I'm also of the opinion that Durarara was good, but not great. The issue was a hit or miss cast, so occasionally you're waiting for a scene to end so you can see the characters you're invested in. With Baccano pretty much all the characters were engaging, and the plot moved with more haste and energy.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Wow, that's... unexpected! I've just gotten my Blu-ray set of the series and watched until episode 7. Currently I'm being distracted by the Last Airbender (yeah, watching it finally) with the last nine episodes to go. But I'll definately return to Durarara once Aang's story is finished.

I enjoy the episode structure very much, as I did in Baccano. And I perfectly understand why it's not for everyone.

Ichigo

Nov 13, 2012
AzrealMaximillion said:
Ichigo said:

Finish the damn series.
Dude it´s a series about absolutly nothing happening whatsoever. Why should I keep watching when I´m already bored to death?

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
This is pretty cool. Liked the first half of the first season a lot (second half was just OK), so having more Durarara is a plus in my book. The dub was really good too, so maybe eventually the cast will return again.

Then again, I'm a sucker for random converging storylines where all the characters eventually come together.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Oh neat. :) I enjoyed Durarara. Had an interesting plot. If a bit slow and somewhat convoluted.

Wouldn't mind seeing where the story goes, I thought it was just ending where it did.
Hope it is put on Toonami. Would rather watch that instead of Naruto or Bleach.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Oh cool, watched the whole first season on a binge like 2 years ago and after I couldn't find anything else I just assumed it was a one shot thing, hopefully this is good too

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
Ichigo said:
Yeah im with you on this, I watched all of it and let me tell you it only gets slightly less boring at maybe 2 points, would not recommend.