Durarara!!x2 Episodes To Be Spread Out Over One Year

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Durarara!!x2 Episodes To Be Spread Out Over One Year

<youtube=nCUHLDDK8o8>​
A new promotional video previews some new characters in Durarara!!x2 and explains that fans will be seeing Durarara!! episodes from January 2015 to 2016.

The first promotional video for the second season of Durarara!! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136748-Durarara-Season-2-Scheduled-January-2015], titled Durarara!!x2, aired yesterday at the Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival. The video gives glimpses at the large cast of characters from the previous season and teases new characters as well. At the end of the video, studio Shuka reveals Durarara!!x2 will be aired in three parts.

Anime News Network [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-05/durarara-2-promo-video-teases-story-new-character/.79576] provided the following translation for the promotional video:

Mikado: Half a year has passed since I experienced those mysterious - but not mysterious, life-changing - but not life-changing, strange - but commonplace events.
Masaomi: Seriously, sorry I haven't been able to participate in this chat for half a year! I was actually on a lovey-dovey rendezvous with my girlfriend!
Mikado: Masaomi...!? Is that really you, Masaomi!?
Shizuo: Why you piece of...!!
Celty: It's not here...! It's not here...! I must have dropped it somewhere!! WHERE DID I DROP IT!?
Anri: who are you? What do you... How much do you know?
Izaya: All I do is take multiple triggers and throw them together in the same place. Then I tell them: "The vacation is over, you piece of crap."
Text: Durarara!!×2
Text: The anticipated sequel has been approved for broadcast across three split cours (quarters of a year)!
Text: It will depict the entire first arc of the original light novel series!
Text: Durarara!!×2 Sh&#333; Starts January 2015
Text: Durarara!!×2 Ten Starts July 2015
Text: Durarara!!×2 Ketsu Starts January 2016
Text: Premieres on Tokyo MX TV/MBS/CBC/Gunma TV/ Tochigi TV/BS11!

The first part, titled Durarara!!x2 Shou, begins January 2015. The second, Durarara!!x2 Ten, begins July 2015. The third part, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, begins January 2016. Each part will be treated as a separate unit of production, or a cours, so each part should be around 13 episodes, meaning Durarara!!x2 will be around 39 episodes in length. The first season was 25 episodes.

[gallery=3326]

Durarara!! first aired in Japan in 2010 as an anime adaptation of a light novel series about a series of happenings in Ikebukuro. Mikado Ryuugamine moves to the city to attend school with his friend Masaomi Kida who warns Mikado to stay out of trouble from color gangs, a certain information broker, the strongest man in Ikebukuro, and a taste of the supernatural. The first season covered the first three light novels in the series. There are 13 volumes of the light novel series, which ended January of this year.

New to Durarara!!x2 are the characters Aoba (Hiro Shimono), Vorona (M.A.O.), Mizuki (Kappei Yamaguchi), and Chikage (Yuuki Ono). Some characters from the first season, such as Izaya's younger sisters Mairu and Kururi, will make larger appearances. A full cast is available to view on the series' official website. [http://www.durarara.com/staffcast/]

Source: Anime News Network [http://www.durarara.com/]

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
My hope is that this season they focus on the broad situations and each character, or at least group of characters. That's why I got into it, because its first arc didn't focus solely on any one person, but arc 2, while still fun to watch, lost that just focusing on the main three.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Jimminy Crickets, how long has it been since I watched the original? I have it on DVD but jeez it's been ages. Fucking great show the original was, and this looks even more promising.

So far everything looks great - I'm just surprised at well it looks compared to the original. This one certainly looks like it has a better budget, and since it's being handled by a different studio, we're gonna see some pretty gnarly animation coming our way I'm sure.

That weird crazy jazz music is back it seems, so that's reassuring. The music in the original was just so bonkers.

>ALSO 39 EPISODES<

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Spread over a year?! Lets see if my memory holds out, my unwatched list is already growing out of control again :(

Also, that picture in the gallery has Anri in it. More Anri can only be a good thing.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
Is there at lot of hype for this? I thought it Was a fairly boring anime, oh Well.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
I just hope they have the "budget" to also spread out.

Because usually Studios that do Split seasons, wait and try to collect money from the first batch of DVD/BD sales before making the rest of the season.

toms

Oct 23, 2008
Drejer43 said:
Is there at lot of hype for this? I thought it Was a fairly boring anime, oh Well.
I liked it because it was quite different from most anime series I'm aware of.
No typical ecchi schoolgirl animu bullshit and didn't overdo the other side of the spectrum (trying to seem deep by means of tragedy that was actually caused by stupidity).

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
toms said:
Drejer43 said:
I liked it because it was quite different from most anime series I'm aware of.
No typical ecchi schoolgirl animu bullshit and didn't overdo the other side of the spectrum (trying to seem deep by means of tragedy that was actually caused by stupidity).
it was unique I'll give it that, it just didn't catch my interest, for one thing I don't even remember what it was about. Only reason I stuck with it was because I liked the butler and kinda liked the blond main character