DX 11 and DX 10 issues plaguing me.

PiotrTheAdequate

Feb 2, 2013
Not too sure if anyone will capable of helping me out here, but here goes.
My card, a GTX 550 Ti, is said to be DX 11 compatible. However, when I play DX 11 games, such as Assassin's Creed 3, graphical glitches abound. The FPS is ridiculously low, but there are strange graphic glitches that suggests some sort of basic incompatibility taking place somewhere. Far Cry 3, same issue. Play in DX 9, everything runs at 60+ FPS at fairly decent settings. Play in DX 10 or 11 however, and everything slows to a crawl no matter what the settings, including start up menus, where there is nothing being rendered to cause such lag. The Crysis 3 beta was the exact same. Even RE6; DX 9, 70+ FPS at top settings, 12-20 with DX10.
I've basically checked everything some 10 times now, and yes, DX 11 is supposedly installed on my machine, at least according to dxdiag.
Any help?
Edit: This would not be such an issue if more and more games were not locking themselves down to only DX 10 or 11 (especially 11).

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well if your card didn't support DX11 or it wasn't installed then that wouldn't be working at all.
The problems in usually come from faulty drivers, or with shitty ports it's just the games, really you should try installing the latest drivers and run some DX11 benchmarking software to eliminate the game issue, and it is possible your entire system files are so messed up things don't interact properly anymore (that will need a clean OS install).

There is also the slight chance you came across a badly made graphics card.

PiotrTheAdequate

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks a lot. I think that an OS reinstall is incoming anyway as I may be buying a new case, MB and CPU anyway. What benchmarking software would you recommend?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmark11/
The only one I still know, and don't pay any money for these ever unless you are some sort of developer.