Dying light performance issues

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing some major performance issues with dying light on the PC?
I'm running gtx 980, more or less the most powerful graphics card there is right now (not counting all the SLI possibilities and other shenanigans), AMD FX 8350 with 8 gigs of ram and yet my frame rate is just awful even though my spec is better than the recommended one.

I'm not talking an occasional drop below 60 FPS i'm talking below 20 FPS at the time.

I have tried all the tricks and tips i found on the net. Lowered the view distance to minimum, played around in task manager setting the priority to high, even done some hacszorzing and disabled grain filter and sun shadows, but even if i put the game on lowest possible graphics quality with everything turned off the FPS is just terrible.

The weird thing that is happening very often is that the whole game will slow down, not just FPS but the actual game will go in a slow motion for several seconds only to "recover" and continue running on lows FPS but normal speed afterwards.

I know they released 1.2 patch recently which was supposed to fix some optimization issues but it didn't seem to work.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Unless they've fixed it very recently, it also has performance problems on NVidia. Basically you HAVE to turn down view distance, which makes a massive difference to the frame rate, and surprisingly little visual difference.

It also doesn't deal with SLI very well, you gain about 5-10fps max, on a pair of 980s.

TotalBiscuit posted a detailed port report which highlighted these issues, in an otherwise very pretty game that runs well.

Also for some reason, on almost everything he did, CPU core 1 was pegged at 95-100%, which suggests the issues may not be video card, or driver related entirely.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Alfador_VII said:
Unless they've fixed it very recently, it also has performance problems on NVidia. Basically you HAVE to turn down view distance, which makes a massive difference to the frame rate, and surprisingly little visual difference.
This is fixed. I had some glaring performance issues early on, but after the first patch the game has been running smooth as silk for me, and I am on a laptop.