Dying Light's new patch remove element of real world violence against women. (spoilers)

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Zhukov said:
It's a good chuckle watching people project their biases onto this.

Actually, nothing was said about being "offensive to women". The reason given by the game's makers was that it didn't fit the game's tone.
I for one think it fits the tone. At least the 'Zombie' setting tone. We usually get back stories of the surviving characters of what they did before the end came. Now is the game better or worse, meh it's the same run around bash zombies with a blunt object tone as before(with really funny glitches) but taking that line out is just a little hicup to her backstory. Now she has a scar that, just happened I guess.

Though going farther, I've heard that the storyline and characters are the weakest part of this game so end of the day the change probably won't affect much. Unless people decide it is much larger than it actually is.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Zhukov said:
So, all that remains to be determined is whether they did it to appease the how-dare-you-make-light-of-real-violence-against-women crowd or the how-dare-you-mention-gender-issues-in-my-game crowd.

Then we can get down to the fun part, assigning blame and having a big argument!
Pffft, I'm with the other's that say "Why wait?"

All you need to say is "Removed Because of SJW" and that's enough to get a nice little riot started.

VincentX3 said:
If they find that offensive they might as well just remove all female zombies from that game. It's so stupid.
Honestly, that's what I thought this topic was going to be about given the title. :p

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Zhukov said:
So, all that remains to be determined is whether they did it to appease the how-dare-you-make-light-of-real-violence-against-women crowd or the how-dare-you-mention-gender-issues-in-my-game crowd.

Then we can get down to the fun part, assigning blame and having a big argument!
Pffft, I'm with the other's that say "Why wait?"

All you need to say is "Removed Because of SJW" and that's enough to get a nice little riot started.

VincentX3 said:
If they find that offensive they might as well just remove all female zombies from that game. It's so stupid.
Honestly, that's what I thought this topic was going to be about given the title. :p
Hide the pitch fork and torch "what riot?"

Honestly I work on how to word that title so many times. Still it seem to matter to me more back then. Honestly still think it pitiful to remove her back story and to take content away from a game after it hits market. 78

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
The amount of people taking the line as literal instead of dark humour is disturbing.

I haven't played the game, but it sees like a pretty crumby excuse. Ah well, 99% of the playerbase probably don't even remember the line, or haven't heard it, I think it's silly but it doesn't matter.

white_wolf

Aug 23, 2013
Well that was dumb to remove it, I was wondering how she got that burn and miss the text, so they're ok with me bludgeoning and kicking to death a fem zombie but not actually getting a questioned answered? Both have context which is what many women gamers want context for why we're blowing crap up, killing so and so in this way other then cuz men are playing this game or cuz devs wanted eyecandy. If she was a man they'd let em talk about how they got this really obvious scar, considering how some games go out of their way to make women players feel like the fem characters are things for the male hero's notch collection hearing her explain she got that cuz her brother's an ass would've been useful my theory of she got burned on a grill was making her out to be dumb. She's at least a smidgin not cliche as she's got a huge scar it would've been good to hear how she got it.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
You can't suspend disbelief properly when fiction hits too close to home. /kappa

Idk, maybe they thought it was too "dark" for a gritty zombie game. Meh, people.