E-Bots Invade The Escapist

Apr 16, 2009
@ sharp:
Yeah, after the first few matches, I started losing money, even though I was winning, and now can't play the bots without losing money... (And how is someone supposed to get the berserker badge, when they can't face them multiple times without losing money?)

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
S.H.A.R.P. said:
Are you sure this person was a bot? It actually had a user made looking name!
Yeah, Fuma is a specialty bot :)

Now.. I hate to ruin your night (or morning or day), but I have noticed something strange ...
I'll make sure DelmarWynn sees your post. I'm not the dev on this one, so other than stupid obvious errors like only staff can attack I'm not too useful ;)

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Virgil said:
S.H.A.R.P. said:
Are you sure this person was a bot? It actually had a user made looking name!
Yeah, Fuma is a specialty bot :)

Now.. I hate to ruin your night (or morning or day), but I have noticed something strange ...
I'll make sure DelmarWynn sees your post. I'm not the dev on this one, so other than stupid obvious errors like only staff can attack I'm not too useful ;)
Thank you for the quick reply Virgil, I'm laying low for the moment but I'm awaiting with great anticipation. :)

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
The_Commander_of_Offworld said:
@ sharp:
Yeah, after the first few matches, I started losing money, even though I was winning, and now can't play the bots without losing money... (And how is someone supposed to get the berserker badge, when they can't face them multiple times without losing money?)
Don't bother, I beat Rex 10 times but I didn't get the Berserker badge. Not to mention I lost $150,000.

Apr 16, 2009
Barry93 said:
@ sharp:
Don't bother, I beat Rex 10 times but I didn't get the Berserker badge. Not to mention I lost $150,000.
I lost $200,000. $100,000 before I noticed, then $50,000 in a test match vs. Rex to see if I was indeed losing money with each victory. I then lost $50,000 when I fought an entirely different bot.
Lame.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I lost $200,000. $100,000 before I noticed, then $50,000 in a test match vs. Rex to see if I was indeed losing money with each victory. I then lost $50,000 when I fought an entirely different bot.
Lame.
I am also noticing I am loosing money even though the battle tally says I should be earning it. I reported to the Genera Wars bug report thread, but am bringing it up here in case the dev's are paying more attention to this thread.

Over all I think Bots are a good idea I just wish the kinks were worked out prior to release.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
hamster mk 4 said:
Lame.
I am also noticing I am loosing money even though the battle tally says I should be earning it. I reported to the Genera Wars bug report thread, but am bringing it up here in case the dev's are paying more attention to this thread.

Over all I think Bots are a good idea I just wish the kinks were worked out prior to release.
I think this may be intetional to make sure people don't gain millions every day. It seems you can only face each bot 2-3 times before you don't get profit for facing them anymore.

Apr 16, 2009
Barry93 said:
hamster mk 4 said:
Lame.

I think this may be intetional to make sure people don't gain millions every day. It seems you can only face each bot 2-3 times before you don't get profit for facing them anymore.
So you are able to fight them again without losing money?

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
Barry93 said:
hamster mk 4 said:
Lame.

Well I just beat Rex again and got money for it so i'm assuming you can only face each bot 2-3 times a day.

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
Barry93 said:
Exactly!

S.H.A.R.P. said:
Now.. I hate to ruin your night (or morning or day), but I have noticed something strange: S.H.A.R.P. gains $210683 in cash, gweasybot gains $89600 in cash
And the amount of cash in my bank actually decreases. Strangely enough.
hamster mk 4 said:

This wasn't a bug, but a factor of playing against the same bot (or person for that matter) too many times over a period of time. I am guessing that you have the popup disabled and did not see the warning message.

With that said, we currently have removed this restriction from bot battles. If it becomes an issue of farming we may have to make changes on this in the future.

Answering this question, so people understand what happens if you battle a player too many times.

Prior to the change you could only battle a player or bot so many times over a period of time, after that their was no benefit for battling the same person or bot. If you took a break, grabbed a fresh soda, had some lunch, or took a short walk outside you would then be able to come back in battle them again for profit. Now as I mentioned above we have disabled this restriction for bots, but will still affect battles against players.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
So long as our benevolent overlords the mods can update the E-bot technology when and if we run into bugs and glitches, I'll seriously get back into the flow of the Genre Wars, and I thank all of the mods for this fantastic improvement.