E3 2008: GLaDOS, Cartman Coming to Xbox Live

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
E3 2008: GLaDOS, Cartman Coming to Xbox Live

Everyone's favorite homicidal computer, GLaDOS, will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade and bringing new Portal levels with her.

John Schappert took a moment from his time during Microsoft's press conference to tell the crowd that a "special guest" had an announcement about a new game coming to Xbox Live Arcade. The lights dimmed, and GLaDOS' familiar, ever so slightly disapproving voice simply said, "Hello."

Cue crowd going apeshit.

GLaDOS informed us that Portal Still Alive, featuring new levels and achievements,would be coming exclusively to Xbox Live this fall.

Shortly after her announcement, Eric Cartman piped up to let us know that a South Park title would also soon be landing on Live. Well, technically,he just asked if they could get back to playing games, already - we inferred the rest.

Given the tendency of South Park games to suck rather a lot, I'm not exactly jumping up and down about the announcement of a new one, but more Portal? Oh, hell, yeah.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
It's just an updated version of the original, not Portal 2.
Anyway, awesome news. I need more maps!

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Nice, this is good news to those itching for more Portal action. Hopefully the new Portal puzzles are even more mind bending than the original ones.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
GLaDOS informed us that Portal Still Alive, featuring new levels and achievements,would be coming exclusively to Xbox Live this fall.
Am I reading that right? Exclusive Portal content on the XBox of all things? I know the Orange Box sold well for the XBox, but would I be mistaken in thinking the majority of Portal fans bought it on the PC? Seems odd that Valve would throw favor towards the smaller market.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
It's not Portal 2. And like all the other xbox exlusives, it's only a matter of time before it gets ported.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
Will it just be new levels, or will there be some new "story" content?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
DaxStrife said:
Am I reading that right? Exclusive Portal content on the XBox of all things? I know the Orange Box sold well for the XBox, but would I be mistaken in thinking the majority of Portal fans bought it on the PC? Seems odd that Valve would throw favor towards the smaller market.
Most likely some extra content, like an expansion pack. Most likely not a sequel.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I wonder how much extra you can put in the game and exactly where it's going to be put, the game is short enough and I doubt the extra content will be so substantial, which is odd seeing as this is exclusive (to xbox?).

I also wonder if this will cost any MS points.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Thing is with PC, there's a multitude of amazing fan made maps available on the internet so them releasing it on the PC would not do as well.