E3 2010: Bulletstorm Hands-On

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I get the feeling this game will be like Max Payne, so over the top in its stupidity mixed with suddenly trying to be serious for emotional context that it actually becomes playfully endearing.

Old Hat said:
Susan Arendt said:
Bulletstorm's cel-shaded graphics help fuel the goofy good time.
Eh, it's not cel-shaded.
It is partly, there's some definite flat shading ala Cel, but there's a ton of bloom too.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
thiosk said:
I wouldn't have guessed someone would be ready to rip off madworld this early.
senorcromas said:
That kind of seems like Madworld, doesn't it?
Well, I guess you could say that the Skill Shot thing is kinda similar, but at the same time... It's a first person shooter. I doubt it's gonna be that much of a rip off.

E-Hybrid

Jan 25, 2010
I hope it will have some measure of a plot and character development sounds good, but I don't think that we will get a profound plot that makes us think about our lives.

But I could be surprised :)

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I feel The Club tried this a while back and faded without trace, I think mainly thru not being marketed right, it was a fun arcade style FPS where you pretty much did points runs, by running thru a level, getting bonuss for head shots and chains of speedy kills.

However, this seems to be doing it with style, and if Painkiller showed anything, its that People Can Fly know how to make FPS about fun over realism.

I trust PCF to make this great, and just hope EA don't get too much creative control over it :)

Last thing we need is an in game store where you can buy Nike trainers for your character for real money, and in game ads featuring David Beckham.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Ive been looking forward to this ever since ive seen the trailer.

Its a game that lets you kick back and let your inner sadist take over for a while.

Im buying it to blow of some steam by playing explosive bowling with some mooks.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
What platforms? I didn't catch that at the EA conference and didn't see it anywhere else. Hope it will be out for the PC, it was one of the few games that piqued my interest in this E3.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
From the amazing team that brought us Painkiller brings us a game where shooting someone in the nadgers once they've been airborne and blowing their body into a cactus awards you points. This seems quite the natural transition to me, after the countless time spent trying to pin as many enemies as possible to the wall with a sharpened tree.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'm definately getting the game, if not just because of the stupid, yet twistedly witty dialogue.

"I do not speak train!"