E3 2010: Heavy Rain Gets a Move Makeover

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Hmm, seems like it might actually be *gasp* useful!

I wonder how many games this can really be applied to though. I can see PSM work for games like Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet (2), where the controls are little more than moving & clicking -- but for shooters, where you actually have to aim?

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Awesome Article bro.

I wonder if I have to buy the game that includes it...or just a copy of the original game and a Move.
Bro? How about Sis? :)
What? No this is the internet everyone is a man.

Onto more pressing matters, after having played Indigo Prophecy I can't say I'm too thrilled with games like this. Unless it has the depression meter like Indigo Prophecy, kinda hard not to have some kind of emotional connection to a character when your actions can drive them to suicide.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
fanklok said:
Susan Arendt said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Awesome Article bro.

I wonder if I have to buy the game that includes it...or just a copy of the original game and a Move.
Bro? How about Sis? :)
What? No this is the internet everyone is a man.

Onto more pressing matters, after having played Indigo Prophecy I can't say I'm too thrilled with games like this. Unless it has the depression meter like Indigo Prophecy, kinda hard not to have some kind of emotional connection to a character when your actions can drive them to suicide.
Trust me. This game is depressing even by "emo" standards. (No offence to any actual "emo's" out there.)

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
So, I'm still not getting how Move is much different than a Motion Plus'd Wii Remote and a (third-party wireless) Nunchuck.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
I might give this a go if I ever get move, the controls felt really awkward with the PS3 controler.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Delusibeta said:
So, I'm still not getting how Move is much different than a Motion Plus'd Wii Remote and a (third-party wireless) Nunchuck.
It largely isn't. The differences are subtle - the two controllers aren't connected to each other, the Nav nub is stubbier and, in my opinion, easier to use than the stick on the Nunchuk - but by and large, if you've used controllers for the Wii you basically know what it's like to use the Move and Nav.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
K4RN4GE911 said:
Trust me. This game is depressing even by "emo" standards. (No offence to any actual "emo's" out there.)
See in Indigo Prophecy the 3 characters you control had depression meters and depending on the dialouge you picked and how you did during the action sequences they either got more or less depressed and when it hit 0 they suicide/quit their job/turned himself in/other things I can't remember so game over.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
fanklok said:
K4RN4GE911 said:
See in Indigo Prophecy the 3 characters you control had depression meters and depending on the dialouge you picked and how you did during the action sequences they either got more or less depressed and when it hit 0 they suicide/quit their job/turned himself in/other things I can't remember so game over.
Well, in Heavy Rain, there are no depression meters ingame. But, depending on your actions, choices, and things you say, you could end up with an emotionally gripping ending.

With all of the things I've done with the four different characters, I actually sympathised with them. You really feel something for them. The icing on the cake is the plot of the whole thing. You really should try it out. At least rent it.

Nothankyou

Oct 26, 2009
I'm getting Move, but by god I hope I don't have to buy half my games again.
Heavy Rain would be even better with this :D