E3 2010: Kinect Launching Nov. 4 With 15 Games and Star Wars

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
Yeah that demo looked pretty horrendous for the Star Wars title. It seems that you can't move on your own, that you have to defeat all the badly AIed enemies in the "layer" before you can move on. How... dull. The enemies didn't even try to hurt you even when you were standing practically on top of them!

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Really? They could have picked a better name. At least Natal had a ring to it.
Well, 'Kinect' is a lot more pronouncable, that's for damn sure. Still not fussed on the whole idea though.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
They changed the name? Balls, Natal sounded better.

Still don't have high hopes for it, but we'll see.

Scott Mansley

Mar 29, 2010
They changed it based on kinetic energy and connect as in, you move using kinetic energy, and you can connect to your friends. Makes more sense than natal.. But I liked natal..

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Whoopee-frikkin-doodah. I seem to recall some consoles were getting hyped by having a lot of titles attached to them. Dreamcast....Jaguar....Saturn....
At least in Microsoft's case, they can easily backtrack and just put out stuff that people will actually want to play usually. But so could have Sega with the Genesis after 32X and CD.
Will Microsoft break the trend and surprise the masses? Nothing's impossible, but probably improbable. Possibly.
Nurb said:
ThyNameIsMud said:
John Funk said:
Real-life lightsaber dueling? Yes, please.
http://gizmodo.com/5560206/the-spyder-iii-pro-arctic-is-a-real-life-lightsaber

I hope you're ready for a surprise battle tomorrow :p
haha, get one before kids actually do this, get horribly injured, and the news gets everyone worked up to the point of making them illegal or highly restricted
Well their previous models haven't been hitting the courts or the news yet, at least not the big ones that get nationwide attention. But with this one being a recognizeable gimmick and more affordable, it is only a matter of time. Tick and tock.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
It's Kinetckt now? I thought it was announced that it was called Wave? That was a faster switcheroo then the Ultra-to-Nintendo 64!

Anyway, it sounds promising enough. Still not going to get it but that's just me
Microsoft Wave is their hype-o-matic site.

Kwil said:
Hrm. New xbox is same price as old, still higher than the Wii.
Though they did drop a hundred-dollar wireless card in there.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Mazty said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
A Star Wars action title? Eh?
A Star Wars action tile that will register full-body movements and allow to force push and force chokes using ridiculous hand gestures - yes, please.
But no ability to actually move - forward scrolling, very gimmicky sadly.
Well, I guess you have to take into consideration the limitations of most people's living room.
Although, yeah, that's quite a lacking feature.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I'll be buying it and Move just to try them out. This one seems more fun to me, but I'll test them both!
Super pumped, even if it is gimicky.