E3 2010: Nintendo 3DS

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
Pilotwings!?!?! *pre-ordered*
also, why would they make the water temple easier? i liked it the way it was before! I never found it too hard when i played it and was oh.. about 5 YEARS OLD!

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
<3 Susan too. The 3DS is either one amazing product or Susan is one amazing actor, <3 either way :)

One thing I'm curious about though, if they have working hardware on display already, why will the ordinary folk have to wait until next year? Why such a long period?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe. Loved your interview. 3DS looking promising for really pushing handhelds forward

Bran Mugen

Feb 16, 2010
rileyrulesu said:
also, why would they make the water temple easier? i liked it the way it was before! I never found it too hard when i played it and was oh.. about 5 YEARS OLD!
I agree, I got through the water temple without a guide, map, or compass. It's not that bad.

Back on topic, I am interested to try out this 3DS myself.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
3nimac said:
One thing I'm curious about though, if they have working hardware on display already, why will the ordinary folk have to wait until next year? Why such a long period?
Well, when asked about the battery life, the guy from Nintendo said they are still tweaking it, so it's not the finished model, just a working one for demonstration. Also, I doubt most of the announced games are finished yet, and they probably want a strong list of launch titles.

Edit: Not to mention, Nintendo has two titles coming this holiday, along with Epic Mickey, a big third party exclusive. Maybe they were afraid an entire new handheld would overshadow their holiday title when it comes to the gift rush?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
3nimac said:
<3 Susan too. The 3DS is either one amazing product or Susan is one amazing actor, <3 either way :)

It really is that damn cool, I swear. You can see me taking a 3D picture of a Nintendo booth person, and it really, genuinely works. Absolutely amazing stuff.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
rileyrulesu said:
from what I heard the big tweek for it will be making it easier to switch between the items in it, in other words instead of having to constantly go to the start screen to put on the boots or take something off etc etc there will be a quick press button for the boots or something, I think its mostly gonna be the same but the item switching wont be as much of a pain

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
rileyrulesu said:
I can't remember where I read it now, but it has a lot to do with the items... They didn't like how you had to keep pausing and going through the inventory to take them on and off, and they are going to fix that with the touch screen by just having a button right there to take them on or off.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
When that woman lifted the 3DS, the visuals looked amazing! Here's hoping Majora's Mask will be remade too. I loved that game. :)

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
mjc0961 said:
rileyrulesu said:
I can't remember where I read it now, but it has a lot to do with the items... They didn't like how you had to keep pausing and going through the inventory to take them on and off, and they are going to fix that with the touch screen by just having a button right there to take them on or off.
If they just follow their new item select system they made for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess they should be fine. But if their talking about lowwering the difficulty thats fine but they better make it so you can select your difficulty: Easy, Normal, Master Quest.

I frankly cant wait to let the 3D of the 3DS tickle my eyeballs. Nintendo released all their krakens and I'm screaming in glee for each one.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
3nimac said:

They have to ramp up production so the shelves will be stocked. Apple has the same problem every time Job's lays a golden turd.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
rileyrulesu said:
I second that. I found it hard, but I liked it that way. Damn.

Regarding the 3DS: Okay you got me, now tell me the price!

Edit: Oh crap. Thread necromancy. Didn't see this thread was that old at all.