E3 2010: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
E3 2010: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Geralt is back with more sex, blood and narrative choice.

Read Full Article

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Man this gets me even more psyched for this sequel, loved the first, hopefully the second is even better

Apr 28, 2008
The Witcher is a fantastic game. I'm glad it got a sequel.

The fact that they took the time to basically re-make the first game into something much better, package in a crapload of extras, and not charge too much for it is just awesome.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Well, I guess I'll get the first one when this comes out. Just to make sure I'm not kept in suspense.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I'm not sure if this will actually come to consoles, but I'd like it to. I recall them also announcing the first game for consoles under the subtitle "Rise of the White Wolf" and I never saw a thing for it besides a splash screen on the main site.... Still psyched for this game though. I need to get a better desktop for the first game so I can play it on more than just the bare minimum settings...

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
The boring combat was my main problem with The Witcher, so if the combat in this new title has indeed been improved then I might check it out.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The first one was epic, and, if they have kept that same formula, which, it seems they have! I expect great things!

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I really can't wait for this. It just keeps sounding better and better. now i just need to finish the first one over the summer holidays and i'm good for the second :D

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I really hope they don't go overboard with the quick-time events for the new combat system.
The trailers and demos so far haven't been all that reassuring in this aspect.

hieiwrath

Mar 20, 2009
I just didnt like the word small there. the witcher wasnt small, how small will this be?

SonOfIkaros

Oct 6, 2009
AWESOME!!!

You can import your choices from the previous game over to the sequel! That just made my day. Goddamn, I did not think I could be more psyched for this game, yet here I am, feeling like a little kid before Christmas Eve.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
An unbroken string of fanboy squeals of delight goes here.

Seriously, everything I've seen about the sequel looks bloody fantastic, I am so super excited.

sshakespeare

Jul 5, 2010
loved the first game, my computer however did not, so I'm hoping for a console version of the sequel

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Irridium said:
The fact that they took the time to basically re-make the first game into something much better, package in a crapload of extras, and not charge too much for it is just awesome.
"Not charge too much" => "free if you only wanted the downloadable extras, rather than the physical loot". Which is awesome value, and hearkens back to days of yore when developers actually supported their games with updates and patches for a while (Value/TF2/LFD is one of the few exceptions; MMOs don't count, since you have to keep paying).

I'm very happy that they're making a sequel. I must go play the original again sometime.