E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Well, I'll say it sure does look purty, but as I said in the previous thousand threads on this subject that somehow popped up in the last 3 minutes, Microsoft has finally put in the shit they should have had right from the start so that's a step in the right direction but if this thing turns out to be just another piece of shit with horrid design and RRODs every 10 minutes then it ain't worth it.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Goddamnit! I just bought my new replacement as well!

Damn you Microsoft!

..*Thoughts of current plain Xbox 360 going out a particular window flow through his mind..*

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
This actually explains all those packaged boxes I saw earlier at my local Gamestop.

Like a said, its pretty nice but I'm fine with the 2 I already own.

Nov 7, 2009
Win. I might get this, actually. If it doesn't do what the PS2 Slim did and have about 3.8 games playable on it, and doesn't have horrifying bugs, it's on my list.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Very nice, lets hope Microsoft keeps this going for the next generation. I am left with one question, how do I transfer my saves from my normal 360 to the new 360 with different hard drive?

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Oprah Winfrey needs to temporarily run big companies for a few weeks at a time.

Why? To give away their awesome stuff, of course! I estimate that if she gets through about three companies every two months, then I'll be able to get something after a year!

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Honestly if it's quieter than the others I will replace my old one

2fish said:
Very nice, lets hope Microsoft keeps this going for the next generation. I am left with one question, how do I transfer my saves from my normal 360 to the new 360 with different hard drive?
You need to call Microsoft and get a transfer cable

Dudeakoff

Jul 22, 2009
Bribe the press guys to stop them saying how much the conference sucked. Nice plan Microsoft.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Also, that was definitely a surprise announcement. I mean, it was obvious that there was a system redesign, but that it was shipping today was a genuine shock.

[sub]And those fucking lucky audience members...[/sub]

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Im trading in my 360 for the new one..why you may ask..well it is the same one since launch all those years ago..only 20GBs..been wanting wi-fi for awhile but i wasn't gonna spend $100 for it..now my prayers have been answered and more. *stares at the new shiny thing*

monnes

Sep 23, 2009
Marik2 said:
monnes said:
Certainly impressed that they were able to keep this quiet

However, it doesn't interest me, and the entire press conferance was a dissapointment.
Did they show any new games?
They did, although mostly the ones expected, Halo Reach, GoW 3 etc. I was far from blown away by the lineup.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Furburt said:
They'd have to have done some pretty serious optimization of the hardware to make it survive overheating in an even smaller space...

Plus, it'll be even more susceptible to bumps.

Ah well, it might work out fine, but still, it's tricky.
From what I heard and gathered from the leaked shots of their new motherboard that were posted a while ago, they've managed to combine the cpu chip and the gpu chip (which was the most prone to overheating and needed a large noisy fan over it for that reason) into a single much more efficient chip.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Furburt said:
They'd have to have done some pretty serious optimization of the hardware to make it survive overheating in an even smaller space...

Plus, it'll be even more susceptible to bumps.

Ah well, it might work out fine, but still, it's tricky.
Hence the MASSIVE VENTS on the side, I imagine.

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
Do these things really cost $300 in the US? Around 470 here... And it probably won't reach Estonia in about a year or sth, but still, I'm glad to see it finally come out :)