E3 2017 thread

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Rangaman said:
Yoshi178 said:
Leave E3 to me.

Don't get your hopes up. This is Nintendo we're talking about, the company whose marketing strategy was most charitably described as "aggressively ignoring everything players want".

Also, you can shrink images if they're too big.
Dude at this point Switch has already has either already got or has coming to it:

-Zelda BOTW
-ARMS
-Splatoon 2
-Dragon Quest XI
-No More Heroes 3
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Fire Emblem Switch
-Xenoblade 2
-Mario Odyssey
-Mario + Rabbids Kingdom
-a bunch of ports of old games like Mario Kart 8 & Pokken, indies and a few 3rd Party multiplatforms like FIFA 18 and Skyrim coming to it.

this thing has only been out 3 months and already has that much stuff coming to it before Nintendo even does their E3 presentation???????
man even if Metroid doesn't show up at E3 2017 that list is already WAY more than i could have asked for in launch year for Switch.
Metroid or Pikmin etc, would just be the cherry on top at this point.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
stroopwafel said:
This E3 was certainly disappointing. Sony line-up also sucks. At first I was surprised there were no leaks but now I know it's simply b/c the big publishers had nothing to show. The Evil Within 2 looks cool but that's about it for me. E3 is getting lamer with every passing year(the cringe level of those press conferences has become unbearable) and I guess in the digital age trade shows no longer have the pull they once had. Though I guess it's still better than showing games they are either never going to release or not within the coming 10 years.
Actually I would say the cringe was lower than usual. But then this E3 was just plain boring. More cringe would have at least made it memorable.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
I don't know if this is going to be the new thing to do though; complete graphical reskins of older games. We already had Crash, and I guess that wasn't just a cute little one-off.
I'm a big fan of re-releasing games so that they don't wither away on obsolete hardware. Though I'm fine with keeping the game intact and just re-releasing it as a PSN classic. Shadow of the Colossus already had a pretty good remaster(that fixed the game's biggest issue, the framerate) and now going for a second round of remastering seems a bit overkill. I agree, at one point the game starts to look like someone who had too much cosmetic surgery done. I would have rather see them remaster Demon's Souls or something.

Bob_McMillan said:
Actually I would say the cringe was lower than usual. But then this E3 was just plain boring. More cringe would have at least made it memorable.
Yeah, boring would be a good way to describe this E3.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Yoshi178 said:
Rangaman said:
Yoshi178 said:
Leave E3 to me.

Don't get your hopes up. This is Nintendo we're talking about, the company whose marketing strategy was most charitably described as "aggressively ignoring everything players want".

Also, you can shrink images if they're too big.
Dude at this point Switch has already has either already got or has coming to it:

-Zelda BOTW
-ARMS
-Splatoon 2
-Dragon Quest XI
-No More Heroes 3
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Fire Emblem Switch
-Xenoblade 2
-Mario Odyssey
-Mario + Rabbids Kingdom
-a bunch of ports of old games like Mario Kart 8 & Pokken, indies and a few 3rd Party multiplatforms like FIFA 18 and Skyrim coming to it.

this thing has only been out 3 months and already has that much stuff coming to it before Nintendo even does their E3 presentation???????
man even if Metroid doesn't show up at E3 2017 that list is already WAY more than i could have asked for in launch year for Switch.
Metroid or Pikmin etc, would just be the cherry on top at this point.
Do you really believe all the things you say or like are you making this shit up as you go along?

I could literally look up a wiki page of incoming games for any console and be like " LOOK LOOK WHATS TO COME !ARENT THESE RELEASE DATE TBA GAMES AWSOME? ".

Like unless you have something concrete and playable, it's kind of meaningless.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The Lunatic said:
If you wanna be happy about killing poor white people from southern states of America, that's getting pretty political.
"Southern states of America."

It's set in Montana. Truly the southernmost of southern states.

PS. Montana is located here:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Rogue Wolf said:
Guys, guys, guys. There's one thing we need to keep in mind: E3 is a carnival of lies. 70% of this stuff you're getting hyped up for will be vaporware, and 25% will see "graphical downgrades" or removed gameplay mechanics.
That's kinda what I usually think. Why are people so excited to see 3 days worth of ads, most of which are for products several years out and thus will be changed by the time they drop?

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Alright so I've been away this weekend and totally missed everything related to E3. Let's catch up. Hmmmm...OMG BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 CONFIRMED!!!!!! FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!! Let's have a look.

*watches trailer*

What have you done?!? That is not what I wanted. And what is with all the swearing? It's like they are trying too hard to be cool, because saying 'fuck' a lot is cool and mature. And the first game ended with a cliffhanger, so that's just going to be ignored for this prequel?

So disappointed.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Beyond Good & Evil 2 - Ummm. Okay. Not quite what I was hoping for. A prequel. With online something or other. And a whole lot of "fucking" dialogue. Not gonna really start shitting on it just yet because I am a little intrigued. Bit concerned they're going to Ubisoft it up though.

God of War - Looks alright actually. Those non-execution combat animation look disappointingly weightless though. Guys, if you're going to rip off The Last of Us then you gotta rip off the crunchy melee animation while you're at it. Would have worked great with this. An opportunity wasted.

Days Gone - Looks very, very okay. Extremely adequate. Would be a lot more enthusiastic if I wasn't so fucking tired of zombies.

Spiderman - I kinda like it. The environmental attacks look like fun and I'm interested to see how the combat works out. Would have liked to see some less scripted web-slinging. Shame about the QTEs. Who the fuck out there still thinks those are a good idea?

Shadow of the Colossus: Return of the Revenge Origins HD Remastered Redux Edition - Sure. Why not.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
I can't believe Sony didn't show off TLOU 2...
I was hoping they might but I wasn't expecting it.

It hasn't been in development long enough for them to have anything substantial to show off.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
The Lunatic said:
If you wanna be happy about killing poor white people from southern states of America, that's getting pretty political.
Dude, you're as ridiculous as the people claiming Resident Evil 5 is racist.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Dalisclock said:
That's kinda what I usually think. Why are people so excited to see 3 days worth of ads, most of which are for products several years out and thus will be changed by the time they drop?
Because some of us haven't forgotten what optimism is and don't revel in joylessness.

One can look forward to things while retaining a healthy dose of skepticism.

Jan 19, 2016
Pretty underwhelming E3 all in all. Metro: Exodus and Wolfenstein 2 are about the only things that piqued my interest in any major way. I was hoping for something TLoU2 related, but Neil Druckmann tweeted that they didn't want to draw attention away from Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Hopefully we will see something at GamesCom or TGS.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
stroopwafel said:
This E3 was certainly disappointing. Sony line-up also sucks. At first I was surprised there were no leaks but now I know it's simply b/c the big publishers had nothing to show. The Evil Within 2 looks cool but that's about it for me. E3 is getting lamer with every passing year(the cringe level of those press conferences has become unbearable) and I guess in the digital age trade shows no longer have the pull they once had. Though I guess it's still better than showing games they are either never going to release or not within the coming 10 years.
To play devil's advocate, Sony's last two showings (E3 '16 and PSX '17) had some major reveals, along with the truckload of exclussives they released this year, so the lack of anything new isn't too surprising. That doesn't excuse the absence of any on-stage demos though. This should've been their moment to truly get people hyped for the new God of War. That trailer was nice and all and showed off a bit more of the combat and environment, but it still just kinda came and went; nothing to really get the crowd going.
Bilious Green said:
I was hoping for something TLoU2 related, but Neil Druckmann tweeted that they didn't want to draw attention away from Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.
Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen. Through all their excitement I think people are forgetting that that game is a long way off. We're not going to see its release until Spring 2019 at the earliest. And funny that he mentioned not wanting to draw away attention from Lost Legacy, seeing as that game hardly got much stage time at all. When that Indian band opened the show I thought we were going to get a proper gameplay demonstration, but nope, just a trailer.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Got caught up on what I thought looked interesting from the Sony conference

Spider-man: How did they make it look so boring? I don't get it. It looks like a glorified game of Simon Says. I got super bored of Batham: Arkham Arkham. I don't want his clunky terrible fight system in muh Spider-man game.

God Of War: ALL THE GRAPHIXXX. Also, I was hoping the combat would be more structured and fluid like a heavier Bloodborne but it looks like the same old GoW with a different camera angle.

Monster Hunter: Ech. If I played multiplayer I'd probably be more excited.

SotC Uber Alpha Plus: Don't care. I played the original and loved it so I don't need to KEEP playing it. Are they just going to keep making new version each time a new Playstation model is released?

Really surprised they didn't announce a new FROM game (why aren't I allowed my Souls budget Armored Core/Tenchu?) or have any Death Stranding footage. Or TLoU2 though I didn't play 1 so I'm not that cut up, just mildly surprised.

Unless Nintendo do something super impressive to make me want a Switch (like announce #FE2, Fatal Frame 6 and Bayonetta 3 as exclusives all at once) then this E3 was pretty terrible.

+ Dragonball FighterZ looks AMAZING, even if tournament fighters aren't my thing I kind of want it on art style alone
+ Ace Combat 7
+ Ubisoft managing to sabotage their own good announcements immediately after revealing them

+/- Metro Exodus could be amazing but also awful

- Ubisoft managing to sabotage their own good announcements immediately after revealing them.
- No FROM
- No TES6
- VR shit everywhere
- No Todd Howard lying to our face

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
I really can't understand what's wrong with all the game companies.

You need to be very very skilled, very very talented and very very good to enter one of these companies. An average CV is not enough.

However, all these big companies act like they are being directed by most idiotic people on the world...

We were waiting for Beyond Good & Evil 2 for years. The teaser was out ten years ago. We wanted characters, story and musics of the original game.
Yet after all these years, they cancelled that game, instead they came with a completely new game, and completely different characters.
And they put "Beyond Good & Evil 2" title on this game.

People are not fan of an IP just because the words look cool. People are fan of an IP because the content inside.

Yet, big companies love to use a "famous" IP just to promote their new idea.

OK, that idea may be good. But what about the fans?

Who cares, right? Just give us that melting chocolate, and watch us destroy the environment.
As long as the game sells, companies like Ubisoft will not even care.

And this is one of the end results of such company view.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Zhukov said:
Bob_McMillan said:
I can't believe Sony didn't show off TLOU 2...
I was hoping they might but I wasn't expecting it.

It hasn't been in development long enough for them to have anything substantial to show off.
True. Although they could at least show concept art or have some of the devs talk about their plans. I dunno, just anything to make their E3 show actually interesting.

Bilious Green said:
I was hoping for something TLoU2 related, but Neil Druckmann tweeted that they didn't want to draw attention away from Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Hopefully we will see something at GamesCom or TGS.
That sounds dumb. I'm actually excited for the game, but its essentially DLC on steroids. Why promote it so much?

Oct 22, 2011
Zhukov said:
Dalisclock said:
Because some of us haven't forgotten what optimism is and don't revel in joylessness.

One can look forward to things while retaining a healthy dose of skepticism.
And some of us like to rip on the failed attempts at selling us these products. It can be very entertaining in a right crowd.

Though this year's E3 didn't provide that much opportunity for riffing. Besides Devolver's... whatever they had there was nothing too offensive(maybe except Bethesda pushing paid mods idea again) but no real jawdroppers either.

Mothro

Jun 10, 2017
What I have seen of E3 so far (I have only watched some of EA's, Ubisoft's, Bethesda's and Sony's) they are really just showing trailers (ads) on a big screen. That's not normal for E3 is it? Aren't they supposed to make a show of it rather than a screening of it?

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Mothro said:
What I have seen of E3 so far (I have only watched some of EA's, Ubisoft's, Bethesda's and Sony's) they are really just showing trailers (ads) on a big screen. That's not normal for E3 is it? Aren't they supposed to make a show of it rather than a screening of it?
Those were the Pre-E3 press conferences. The open floor event is just starting.

OT: Already Worst E3 Ever. "Ass Creed now has loot and crafting!". And all that "Muh Community" garbage. Ugh.