E3 2017 thread

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I'm more excited for Gamescom now for TLoU 2 hopefully. I don't really expect to see anything big on GoW til a month or so before release anyways. That's how they did it with GoW 3, when the Vengeance trailer was more jaw dropping than anything shown before it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Metroid Prime is being made by a new team, not Retro Studio.

IT WAS GOOD WHILE IT LASTED LADS
Pretty sure people said something like this when Retro got it.

Also it's being led by the series producer of the Prime Trilogy.

OT: Remake of Metroid 2 and Metroid Prime 4.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Zhukov said:
Dalisclock said:
That's kinda what I usually think. Why are people so excited to see 3 days worth of ads, most of which are for products several years out and thus will be changed by the time they drop?
Because some of us haven't forgotten what optimism is and don't revel in joylessness.

One can look forward to things while retaining a healthy dose of skepticism.
You call it "joylessness", I call it "pattern recognition".

Also, I wait till reviews drop before deciding I'm going to purchase something. I save a lot money that way.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
CaitSeith said:
That's it! I'm definitely getting a Switch! Just look at this and try not to laugh...

Skyrim has been Nintendoized! LMAO!
haha they really picked the wrong music for a skyrim comercial

Sep 13, 2009
I haven't been following E3 too closely, but it looks like Nintendo had a pretty nice showing this year. I loved Metroid Prime, but really didn't like Corruption. Maybe it's a good thing they've got a new studio at the helm.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like I'll be buying Shadow of the Colossus for a third time.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Dalisclock said:
Zhukov said:
Dalisclock said:
That's kinda what I usually think. Why are people so excited to see 3 days worth of ads, most of which are for products several years out and thus will be changed by the time they drop?
Because some of us haven't forgotten what optimism is and don't revel in joylessness.

One can look forward to things while retaining a healthy dose of skepticism.
You call it "joylessness", I call it "pattern recognition".

Also, I wait till reviews drop before deciding I'm going to purchase something. I save a lot money that way.
Sure, like I said, "a healthy dose of skepticism".

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
What's better than a pre-rendered trailer for BGaE2? A minute-long video telling us that Metroid Prime 4 is "in development"!

Metroid: Samus Returns has some good points and I'll pick it up (though AM2R looked a thousand times prettier than that 2.5D bullshit). Also there's what I'm calling Yoshi Switch (or Switch Yoshi, for lack of a better name) that looks cool. Mario Odyssey actually looks quite interesting for once. Bit of a shock, hearing someone talking (well, Pauline singing) in a Mario game.

I'm not sure why everyone's been so down on this year's E3. I saw enough interesting games to make it worthwhile, and it even convinced me to add a Switch to my "to buy" list.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Yoshi178 said:
Rangaman said:
Mario Odyssey actually looks quite interesting for once.
for once?

this is literally the second time you've seen it.
I guess it's a good thing it's not figuratively the second time I've seen it? I was referring to Mario games in general (I'm not normally that fond of them). Sorry for the confusion.

Epyc Wynn

Disobey unethical rules.
Mar 1, 2012
Did a full conferences review of E3 here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.962878-E3-All-Conferences-Review [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.962878-E3-All-Conferences-Review]. Tl;dr Nintendo was the best, EA was the worst, and Microsft was obnoxiously bad.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
pookie101 said:
CaitSeith said:
That's it! I'm definitely getting a Switch! Just look at this and try not to laugh...

Skyrim has been Nintendoized! LMAO!
haha they really picked the wrong music for a skyrim comercial
given that is skyrim they probably could have picked a more serious song to go with the trailer but i don't think there's necessarily anything wrong this song.

after all the song is called "Take a Walk" and literally the whole gimmick behind the switch is the portability of the console. you can play it on your tv at home like any other console and then when you've got errands to run you can simply get up from the couch and "take a walk" with your console which wasn't possible before. (and before anyone mentions Vita, you needed 2 separate devices for that as well as a Wifi network for the feature to work in the first place.)

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Yoshi178 said:
tf2godz said:
The only problem is we didn't see any gameplay For Metroid prime 4 or the new Pokemon switch game but besides that that was a really good conference.
i don't even fucking care the fact that it's even confirmed is MORE than enough for me.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I'm not quite at Fry-levels of excitement, I will admit that a full console Pokemon game has been something I've been wanting for a long time: almost since the Gold and Silver days in fact.

Samtemdo8 said:
Yoshi178 said:
tf2godz said:
The only problem is we didn't see any gameplay For Metroid prime 4 or the new Pokemon switch game but besides that that was a really good conference.
i don't even fucking care the fact that it's even confirmed is MORE than enough for me.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samus better goddman sure to look like her Prime design:

Because I hate her Other M design:

Look I'm going to be 100% honest: I don't see a huge amount of difference; it's mainly in the little details - which is fine - but I'd look at both of those and say "Yep, that's Samus Aran alright".

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
I don't like any of Samus' designs. The suit looked better in the old 2D games, when you could barely make it out. I'd have them replace it.
This design you mean?

This is straight from the concept art of Super Metroid.

Unless you actually liked the Original NES one: