E3 2019 hopes and predictions?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Squilookle said:
Suppose they bring Sam Fisher back, voiced by Michael Ironside. And there is also a female player option. Would you accept that?
That's actually not a bad idea. Co-op would be great.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Adam Jensen said:
Squilookle said:
Suppose they bring Sam Fisher back, voiced by Michael Ironside. And there is also a female player option. Would you accept that?
please do not butcher my splinter cell. conviction and blacklist did enough damage when they went full action auto aim mark and execute.

now this idea plus open world will butcher it even more.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
FF7 Remake is probably the most interesting thing that will be talked about this year unless a big surprise blindsides us. I am also really excited for more Silksong news.

Maybe if we're lucky Nintendo will also do a direct during E3 that finally gives us more info about SMT V...

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
B-Cell said:
Adam Jensen said:
Squilookle said:
please do not butcher my splinter cell. conviction and blacklist did enough damage when they went full action auto aim mark and execute.

It's not "your" Splinter Cell. I hope they make the new main character a woman just so you won't play it.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
trunkage said:
Anyone who puts hope and E3 together hasn't learnt much from the last decade
A lot of people actually enjoy E3 and therefore don't share your pessimism. Come on man.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
trunkage said:
A lot of people actually enjoy E3 and therefore don't share your pessimism. Come on man.
I don't doubt that people enjoy E3, but I'm afraid that I'm at the point where I'm not among them.

New games? Yay. Event dedicated to those new games? Okay... Event where that dedication is weasel words and wasted time? Meh.

Basically, there's a reason why I just read articles on E3 rather than watch the videos themselves.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
It's not "your" Splinter Cell. I hope they make the new main character a woman just so you won't play it.
He'll still lie about playing it just so he could hate it. Or he'll pirate it. That's the only other realistic alternative since apparently he plays every game despite hating the very concept of some of them.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Kenbo Slice said:
B-Cell said:
Adam Jensen said:
Squilookle said:

Based off the past few years of ubisoft games, a new Splinter Cell will have:

-Large Open World.
-RPG mechanics
-Looter/gear/collecting mechanics.
-Towers to climb(because hooray towers)
-Level gating to restrict your access to the map/missions.

And of course, just for B-cell
-Either character creator that allows you to play a man or a woman or a preset Male and Female character you either choose at the beginning or switch between during gameplay.

Ubisoft is basically an ice cream store at this point. They only sell Ice cream, but different flavors of ice cream. You pretty much know what you're gonna get with any given ice cream, something tasty but not particularly filling and of a fairly good(but not amazing) quality.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Hopes: New, different, and interesting games that we haven't seen before.

Predictions: The same homogeneous garbage we've been seeing for the last 2 generations...

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
trunkage said:
Who said I didn't enjoy it. I've enjoyed it more since I stopped worrying about hype or hope. I'm going to get my ESO fix. I'm going to laugh at the silliness. I'm not going to fall for all the ads and wait for game play footage. Enjoyment =/= hope

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
My greatest E3 or just gaming wish in general is something that will probably never happen. And that's Mafia 1 remake and Max Payne 1 and 2 remake. I just want those games to be made with today's technical capabilities.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Adam Jensen said:
My greatest E3 or just gaming wish in general is something that will probably never happen. And that's Mafia 1 remake and Max Payne 1 and 2 remake. I just want those games to be made with today's technical capabilities.
Mafia 1 remake would be so amazing knowing Mafia still have best story ever in gaming history plus the game was simply a masterpiece.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
B-Cell said:
Adam Jensen said:
Mafia 1 remake would be so amazing knowing Mafia still have best story ever in gaming history plus the game was simply a masterpiece.
Why you no like women friend? Discuss

Jan 19, 2016
Adam Jensen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
And if possible the Playstation 5.
No Sony at E3 this year though. Unless I'm mistaken.
Correct. They said they didn't have any new games to announce, so there was no point in going. We already know that the remaining PS4 exclusives are The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima.

They're obviously not ready to do the formal PS5 showcase yet, which I expect will be at PSX in December, but it could also be at TGS in September.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
trunkage said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
trunkage said:
Who said I didn't enjoy it. I've enjoyed it more since I stopped worrying about hype or hope. I'm going to get my ESO fix. I'm going to laugh at the silliness. I'm not going to fall for all the ads and wait for game play footage. Enjoyment =/= hope
You do you I guess, my point is not everyone shares your POV so saying that people ''haven't learned anything'' is silly, if people were constantly disappointed they wouldn't have any hope but here we are.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'd like to see some gameplay from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, The Outer Worlds, Phantom Brigade, The Sinking City, and Biomutant. Release dates for the ones missing those would be nice.

I'm curious to see what EA has planned for the Sims 4. The game has so much potential, so I get excited whenever anything for it pops up, hoping it'll make the game really great.

Finally, the team behind The Frontier mod for Fallout: New Vegas normally do a trailer during E3. I hope they do so again and maybe give an estimated due date.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
And we have a leak, specifically about the next Watch Dogs:

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/amazon-uk-leaks-watch-dogs-legion-announcement

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Question 1: Why is it called Legion?

Question 2: Why is Ubisoft tying dystopia to post-Brexit? I mean, not that I'm complaining, but isn't that going to trigger a lot of people for "playing politics?"

Question 3: Who's to say London isn't a dystopia already? :(