E3: Final Fantasy XIII-2

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Really?! There were actually enough people who liked this game to warrant a sequel? There's no way anything good can come out of this and before you say I'm trolling, cast your minds back to the last time Square made a sequel for one of the main games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdmJlbK-_r4

Yeah, didn't turn out so well did it?

Look-a-Hill

Nov 18, 2009
I'll buy it whatever because I'm like that with this series. Hopefully it's decent. I'm not expecting anything though. I've completely given up hope with this series since I played the horror that was XII.

It's also interesting because you can't accuse Squenix of milking the product, because if they wanted to make a shit load of money the smart thing would be a remake of VII or something.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011

I'm petty so I'll probably not get this unless it has the option of original Japanese voice acting

Adamd1990

Apr 13, 2011
Did they not learn anything from Final Fantasy X-2?! And FFX what a much bigger hit and a much better game, but X-2 just stagnated everything...

Maybe Yahtzee is right. All SE seem to want to do these days is make flashy thingys and haemorrhaege money.

Sadly, I predict this to be as bad, if not worse due to the stagnation of this dreadful clusterfucked story, as FF13. It just seems to be spectacle over substance times a billion. And that's a shame, because I loved Final Fantasy games up until FFX-2..

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Square I'm going to put this delicatly.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT XIII-2, GIVE ME INFORMATION ABOUT VERSUS AND TYPE-0!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
What the hell, I'm willing to give XIII a try. I mean, I've heard that a lot of people didn't like it, but I prefer to interpret that as "it's not as good as a previous entry in the series that I liked and I could not adjust my expectations, believing that it would be as good as my favorite (and other) entries in the series."

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:

What
The
Hell
Is
That?

And I thought FF13 was terrible..

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
WaaghPowa said:
OmniscientOstrich said:

What
The
Hell
Is
That?

And I thought FF13 was terrible..
Yeah, that black mark on the existance of the Final Fantasy universe is called Final Fantasy X-2, or as I like to call it, "what happens when you cross Final Fantasy X, Charlie's Angels and a huge pile of hash and bullshit."

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
That said...QTEs? Really? Fuck.
The QTE's (Reaction Commands) in Kingdom Hearts were pretty badass, I'm fine as long as they're more interesing than some of those really stupid and Arbitrary ones from other games. I will admit that FFXIII had problems but it's hardly the worst thing ever made with the FF name attached (FFX-2 Plot-wise was stupid although the on the fly class-swapping was pretty cool IMO (Paradigm Shifts are a similar concept)), that honor still belongs to either the Spirits Within or Final Fantasy: Unlimited. As for the Recruitment of Monsters, I don't mind *I like the enemy designs in FFXIII)

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Huh. This seems like it could actually improve the game make it bett...

Another addition to combat is the recruitment of monsters...
...aaaaaaaaaaaaaand ya lost me.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
. . . . . . .So they're still making it. I sense SquareEnix's stock crashing, burning, then exploding after 5 minutes of smoldering painfully.

Jake Stavroff

Nov 20, 2010
Frankly, I don't even care about FF anymore. FFVI is my favorite, and I enjoyed nine, ten, and of course the earlier games. I'm honestly just done with the series though. If they can create a new cast with charisma like the guys from VI, that would be a great start.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'm happy about the option to actually explore things this time round (that was my main problem with FFXIII), but I'm still yet to be convinced. The battle system is pretty rubbish, but the option to move around the world might help it become more palatable. I might wait until one of my other friends buys is first, and watch how it plays out for them.

Also, QTE? Final Fantasy? Sequel to a sequel? Something tells me this isn't going to win Yahtzee's game of the year. Still, you never know...

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Monster Recruiting? There better be a scare option where you make motorcycle sounds. Or the option to ask demons what type of woman they like. Fuck, if they take anything good from Persona 2/Nocturne, I'll be happy/

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Judging from the experiences of people who have played this at E3, it's the same damn game with no alterations. Well, except for the fact that they have now added what should have been there in the first place as a necessity. It's good to see that Square-Enix are learning from their mistakes and improving upon the negative feedback to their horrendous title. Christ, I couldn't care less about this game. I just want it and FFXIII to burn out of existence.