E3 Going Ahead Despite Deadly Swine Flu

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Free headdesks for everyone who's taken Malygris' post seriously. That is all.
QFT.

That said, I have yet to not be sick when I return from a show. The degree of sick always varies (though it's a constant for GDC, oddly enough), but it's a guarantee.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
OH WELL THAT'S GOOD TO HEAR.

Seriously, I would have been pretty freaking concerned if E3 was even DELAYED due to a hint of the oh-so-deadly swine flu.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
Always read posts before commenting to make sure you don't miss any irony.
But this seemed dripping with sarcasm to me anyway.

Linky by the same guy as http://isitchristmas.com/ ?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

Also, what on Earth (or Azeroth, I'm guessing)is that a picture of?
*ahem*

Pride heralds the end of your world! Come, mortals! Face the wrath of the Soulflayer [http://www.wowwiki.com/Hakkar_the_Soulflayer]!

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Riight well everyone now knows that the swine flu really isn't that bad and the only reason people died from it(well maybe not the only one) was because the people who got it in mexixo were too poor to get proper medical treatment and died.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
QFT.

That said, I have yet to not be sick when I return from a show. The degree of sick always varies (though it's a constant for GDC, oddly enough), but it's a guarantee.
At least you havent become a zombie. So remember to bring a few weapons can't ever be sure when the first Zombie mutates and attacks you.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
That's Hakkar, the final boss of Zul'Gurub, from Vanilla WoW. He was the source of the Corrupted Blood outbreak a couple years back. Very fitting picture :p

ROTMASTER

Dec 4, 2008
swine flu not so deadly more people die every month from vending machines then the total deaths of swine flu 3000 people die every year from the regular flu that almost 100 people a day and currently the same number of people have died from swine flu as snorting fire ants
and only people to die were a 23 month old mexican baby and an extreamly ill woman who had like aids or something

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Malygris said:
Despite the apocalyptic threat of the deadly swine flu pandemic which is threatening to eradicate life as we know it from the face of the Earth
Oh noez!!!
Well, not really. I live in a fairly isolated country that has had no cases of swine flu hus far.
Personally I am still shaking in my metaphorical boots about SARS and avian flu becuase the media circus never actually left town on those, it just settled down after people realised that apocalyptia may not actually be the result if it is properly contained.

E3 goes ahead, media sensationalise, the planet goes around the sun. Any more incredible social commentaries to make?
: P

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

The boss that massacred several servers full of characters. He puts out a debuff that makes one person take a bit of damage every 2 seconds for 20 seconds but was generaly not lethal as you as your healer has half a brain but every time it does damage, it spreads to nearby targets who get a new debuff which can then re-infect the first person resulting in a neverending chain of players taking damage that either overwhelm the healer or cause him to run out of mana. Some players found out that if they dismissed their pet after it was hit, the time would be stopped and the pet could be resummoned in anothe place and be contageous there. They released those pets in Ironforge and Orgrimmar, which had half the population of the game standing at any given time back then, resulting in the effect spreading like wildfire. Level 60 characters would generaly survive for a while but everything below lvl 40 was inevitably killed off quickly. So whe they ressurected, they got infected again by people running arround like headless chickens and again and again, resulting in Hakkar temporay hogging the first spot of "most players killed by an npc" away from Defias Pillagers(high power lvl 15 creaure in a lvl 10 area) and Vaelazstraz The Corrupt(A bossfight that was over in 180 seconds, one way or another).

DeadRow

Evil Ghandi :3
Jun 15, 2007
I salute the brave men and women who are risking their lives to come to E3. o7