E3: Kratos Stabs Elephant Men in New God of War

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Foolproof said:
If this was set before he killed his family then he wouldn't be white which really confuses me. They're saying this is a prequel but we've already had a prequel to God of War 1 and then we had a prequel to God of War 2 that was set AFTER God of War 1.

So what? Is this gonna be a prequel set after the God of War 1 prequel? A prequel sequel?

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Oh my, that is so exciting, I cannot possibly contain my- zzzzzzzzzzz...

Seriously, I know samey bland sequels sell, but I was really hoping we'd get the game teased in the postgame video from God of War 1.

Feb 28, 2008
OutcastBOS said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Worgen said:
Another kratos war crime, seriously, you should be the avatar of another pantheon like Sekhmet or Shiva, sent to go fuck up kratos for being a massive dick.
I'd play that. He's singularly the most dislikable main character of any game I can think of. Don't get me wrong the games are good, but Kratos himself is a complete tosser.
THANK YOU. Someone who agrees with me. The fuckhead willingly takes the entire world out with him for petty revenge, for something he pretty much caused himeself. I agree we should play as someone else and try to take out Kratos.
Nope, you're not alone. I absolutely sided with the Greek gods in God of War III. I wish Zeus had just killed him and rammed home the message that "Revenge is not the answer ...". It would be a bloody, surprising ending.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
My guess: the game takes place before and after he gets the chain-blade-things. This just happens to be after.

Captcha: Describe this brand with any word. Mon dieu - a Captcha that is not only spam, but also completely ineffective at blocking bots! Remind me why we use this system, again?

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Okay, okay. So Kratos has killed every single living thing in Olympus. So how do you top killing freakin' Hades, Poseidon and Zeus? They're gods! Kratos killed every single god in that game! How, oh how do you top that?
Well, he didn't kill Aphrodite. He only gave her a taste of his spear, if you know what I meant. PLOT TWIST!

The time manipulation thing seems too much like Prince of Persia, mostly because of the color palette and the way he doe sit and all. So it seems that was just gimmicky; meant to inject something new to the franchise. If you ask me, though, it doesn't need it. GoW1, 2, and 3 were pretty similar to each other and I can't think of a single thing that makes one different from another other than the weapons and story. Still, they were pretty good.

So, I was under the assumption this game took place before GoW1, probably when Kratos was faithfully Ares' servant. But the white skin probably means he was already on his quest for revenge. Not only that but he can already use the Rage of the Gods. So...it's a GoW1 expansion/direct prequel?

Anyway, I'll play the game. I'm a sucker for Greek mythology (Even though this game seems to deviate from that) and I loved the story of the previous GoW games. The gods are treated as pricks who may or may not be wrong all the time. That sounds pretty close to the way they're described in ancient mythology. Yeah, Kratos is a big, whiny baby throwing a fit, but I liked the fact that GoW3's ending explains what happens to the Greek gods. Assuming they were real, it kinda makes you wonder where they went if they were so powerful and stuff. So I kinda liked that. Even the fact that he was related to Zeus made sense since according to Greek mythology, Zeus was some sort of womanizer and Hera hated his lovers/offsprings. Again, makes sense! I'll play the game, if anything, out of curiosity.

Pallindromemordnillap said:
I wonder what that thing with the tentacles is. Can't be the kraken, that needs to stay alive so we can kill it in GoW2...
I thought it was the kraken too. So my guess is it's the hydra from the beginning of GoW1. it would make sense too; Kratos doesn't kill it in Ascension but he has this kind of unfinished business with it so he finally takes care of that in GoW1.

Harper0341

Mar 31, 2010
Pallindromemordnillap said:
I wonder what that thing with the tentacles is. Can't be the kraken, that needs to stay alive so we can kill it in GoW2...

It's probably Scylla or Charybdis(Can't remember which was which). Unless he has already killed them already(I don't have a PSP).