E3: Luigi's Mansion 2

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
Looks like people are finally paying more attention to Luigi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR0Dyi9VDb4

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
...Damn it Nintendo. I didn't want to get a 3DS but you've twisted my arm. Again.

Luigi's Mansion is a seriously underrated game, favourite game on the Gamecube. I can't wait for this.

I forgot

Jul 7, 2010
Iconsting said:
Yo Nintendo, if you feel like making sequels to abandoned Gamecube titles, I know quite a few people who would be more than satisfied if you came out with a Kirby Air Ride 2.
I know a couple who'd like Pikmin 3, Sunshine 2, a sequel to Geist and Eternal Darkness. They have alot on their to do list.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
huzza, I really enjoyed the first game, I still regret trading it in, I thought it would always be easy to find but I was mistaken

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I liked Luigi's Mansion! And this one is sure to be just as good!

Funny thing, though, I tuned into the live stream of Nintendo's presentation, and THIS was the first thing I heard! It blew my mind!

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Excuse me for a moment:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Luigi's Mansion is one of the most underrated games of all time, and I'm so very happy to see that it's finally back. Dammit, Nintendo, I've been holding out on getting a 3DS, but this, Paper Mario, and Smash Bros together might make me a believer yet.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Oh sweet a new Luigi's mansion! That will be fun with the wii-mote!... Wait.. 3DS?.... That sucks.

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
This by all means should be a console game and the fact the sequel to one of my favorite games in coming out on the 3DS (a system I think shouldn't even exist) infuriates me since nothing outside of a Persona game that isn't a reboot will convince me to buy that system.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Loved this game. The commercial for the original convinced me to get a GC (though I ironically didn't play luigi for a very long time after. Borrowed it from a friend, no less.)

King Boo is probably one of my favorite mario villains ever.

I really hope he makes a return, and goes back to his menacing vampire-like look and blood-red jeweled crown, instead of... you know, whatever the fuck he was supposed to be in Mario Sunshine.

Seriously, why did the Delfino boos all look like they were on drugs?

Also, I'm anticipating augmented reality boss battles for this title. MAKE IT HAPPEN, NINTENDO!

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
Seieko Pherdo said:
This by all means should be a console game and the fact the sequel to one of my favorite games in coming out on the 3DS (a system I think shouldn't even exist) infuriates me since nothing outside of a Persona game that isn't a reboot will convince me to buy that system.
They know LM2 is awesome, so they force us to buy 3DS to play it.
:(

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
Grufflenark said:
Seieko Pherdo said:
It's even more annoying since this would be one of the games that COULD be on the Wii (or whatever that new thing is) where the controls wouldn't be a bother.

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
Seieko Pherdo said:
Grufflenark said:
Seieko Pherdo said:
It's even more annoying since this would be one of the games that COULD be on the Wii (or whatever that new thing is) where the controls wouldn't be a bother.
Yeah, the controls are almost made for the Wii lol.

Also my captcha is blank.
And then it said esigesl 142-43

metal mustache

Oct 29, 2009
At first i looked at the title and just like, serioulsy nintendo?

Then i remembered that luigi's mansion kicked ass. It kicked so much more ass then mario sunshine. I find it so fittingly strange, luigi being in marios shadow both in the games' worlds and in the real world. Mario was considered the better brother in the old games even though luigi jumped higher. Mario sunshine isn't considered one of marios good games, but it still got talked about and liked by fans more than luigi's mansion. I can't believe how underrated it is.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Luigi's Mansion was great. But short. As long as they sorted that out (they said multiple mansions so) i'll be happy.

monojono

Sep 3, 2009
DaHero said:
Lukeje said:
DaHero said:
I can't tell if trolling or just....really Nintendo?
Care to expand on that?

OT: This is a game me and many others have been waiting for since the original. It was a great game, but way too short. It thus looks like I'll have to get myself a 3DS soon...
Luigi's Mansion was just one of those games that I never could enjoy. Mario's always been about platforming and here it's...a Ghostbusters clone? It feels like Luigi couldn't have his own platformer so he settled for adventure titles. I mean, we couldn't give him his own big 3D adventure? Just stick him in a 3 story mansion with next to nothing for puzzles and hope it's good enough?
Why make a mario platformer starring luigi? They're not being mean to luigi, they're using a lower profile character to try different gameplay styles - lots of people complained when mario sunshine added the water cannon to marios platforming, so nintendo will probably keep the main mario games pure platformers. What would be the point in having luigi games that were also platformers?

Kilgengoor

Sep 7, 2010
Wait, 3D AND a strobe flashlight?

Seems like Nintendo is trying hard at destroying our eyeballs. Or give us a nice seizure, at the very least.

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
I'm glad to see this game make a return, I still haven't gotten a 3DS yet but it they keep putting out good games then i may have to get one soon.

I really should see if I can still find the original around, but I think I borrowed it from a friend but never beat it. (Is it weird that I feel bad that Mario is still trapped in that mansion as far as i'm concerned?)

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
monojono said:
DaHero said:
Lukeje said:
DaHero said:
I can't tell if trolling or just....really Nintendo?
Care to expand on that?

OT: This is a game me and many others have been waiting for since the original. It was a great game, but way too short. It thus looks like I'll have to get myself a 3DS soon...
Luigi's Mansion was just one of those games that I never could enjoy. Mario's always been about platforming and here it's...a Ghostbusters clone? It feels like Luigi couldn't have his own platformer so he settled for adventure titles. I mean, we couldn't give him his own big 3D adventure? Just stick him in a 3 story mansion with next to nothing for puzzles and hope it's good enough?
Why make a mario platformer starring luigi? They're not being mean to luigi, they're using a lower profile character to try different gameplay styles - lots of people complained when mario sunshine added the water cannon to marios platforming, so nintendo will probably keep the main mario games pure platformers. What would be the point in having luigi games that were also platformers?
Just for the record, Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite Mario game. I never realized that there was a big crowd that made a stink about the water-pack, but I loved it. It added a new dimension to make the platforming more interesting. I think it also played off on my slight OCD in that I couldn't leave a level until it was spotless. It was also great fun to just play with the different nozzles, and it didn't hurt that most of the environments looked really good and were just all around fun to explore... It's been too long...

I just know that I haven't been able to get into Mario Galaxy, and that making it star Luigi wouldn't have made it any better. There really is no reason why Super Mario 64 couldn't have been Super Luigi 64, but now that Mario is the established hero I don't know why you would want to make a game that has always been Mario's territory, but use Luigi (exclusively)instead, that would just confuse people.If they did make a platformer staring Luigi, I would expect it to have some very unique mechanics in order to justify the change. I actually like Luigi more than Mario, but I can't see any reason why Luigi should ever replace him. Like you said, Luigi is a good character for experimenting with, and I would hate to see him stagnate.

pyrrhic victory

Jun 9, 2011
timeadept said:
I'm glad to see this game make a return, I still haven't gotten a 3DS yet but it they keep putting out good games then i may have to get one soon.
This. I never really considered actually getting a 3DS, but with all these epic announcements, Nintendo is pretty much forcing me to get one. :)

OT: YAY! It's about time...