E3: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

The Great Fa

May 25, 2008
WaaghPowa said:
As soon as I saw that MGS3 was coming to the 3DS, I nearly had a heart attack from excitement. I don't care what anyone says, I'm getting this and it's the best in the series.
Agreed, my friend!

Now I can finally own all the MGS games! I think I must be the biggest fan of this series who has never owned a PS2.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
On my list of things Snake Eater did not need, 3D is definitely up there near the top. I severely doubt anyone except a minority of people at Nintendo played Snake Eater and thought "hhmm, this game is really good, but what it needs is some 3D".

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
WaaghPowa said:
mjc0961 said:
WaaghPowa said:
As soon as I saw that MGS3 was coming to the 3DS, I nearly had a heart attack from excitement. I don't care what anyone says, I'm getting this and it's the best in the series.
Eh, I think I'd rather get the MGS HD collection. Likely $60 for 3 games, one of which I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, VS $40 for one game that will have gimped PSP style controls? Yeah, I don't even need to think about that one.
Portable. That is all.
The portable advantage is negated by the broken controls. Konami needs to learn that this isn't a PSP, there's a touch screen we could use for precise aiming and camera control.

Wireframefool

Mar 20, 2011
At first I thought "Well hey, this could be a good reason to get the 3DS" and then the HD remake is coming out, so this is pretty null and void.

I forgot

Jul 7, 2010
Riobux said:
On my list of things Snake Eater did not need, 3D is definitely up there near the top. I severely doubt anyone except a minority of people at Nintendo played Snake Eater and thought "hhmm, this game is really good, but what it needs is some 3D".
The same can be said for rumble. Anyways, I'm more interested in the use of touch and tilt controls than 3D.

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
mjc0961 said:
The portable advantage is negated by the broken controls. Konami needs to learn that this isn't a PSP, there's a touch screen we could use for precise aiming and camera control.
Speaking of precise aim in MGS3. I don't know how I ever beat that game with it's overly complex controls and sensitive analogs. Revisited it when I found out Subsistence had a controllable camera (Fun fact: A PAL copy of Subsistence is going for £45.99, and that's for an used copy), and I'm not having fun because of how hard it is to aim. That and I absolutely hate the release-fast-to-shoot action for your pistols. It's awkward.
I can't even imagine how a MGS3 control scheme would work out on a portable device. But it would definitely need to be simplified.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
WaaghPowa said:
mjc0961 said:
WaaghPowa said:
Eh, I think I'd rather get the MGS HD collection. Likely $60 for 3 games, one of which I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, VS $40 for one game that will have gimped PSP style controls? Yeah, I don't even need to think about that one.
Portable. That is all.
You think Kojimas Transfarring idea is gonna be limitted to Peace Walker only? Mark my words, there will be MGS3 on the Vita. And it will have two analog sticks.
Funny you should mention that, because it's true. The MGS collection will allow you to transfer the games over from the PS3 to the Vita so you can play them on the go.

Source: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2011/jp/transfarring.html

Run a google translate and rejoice.

Technicolor

Jan 23, 2011
9_6 said:
Technicolor said:
Is 3D visuals better than a full multiplayer online mode, a fully controllable camera, A Boss Mode, and the original MSX Metal Gear 1 & Metal Gear 2?
Ever tried bringing your tv and playstation 2 on a bus ride?
I did. Everything EXPLODED...

All kidding aside, you know those two extra games I mentioned were on Subsistence, Metal Gear 1 & 2. Why didn't they remake either one of those two games? They're completly canon to the series storyline, and most fans haven't even played it. Actually build a game around the 3DS hardware, rather than just attempting to replicate console hardware.

If they really gave a damn, they could've at the very least announced a port of the two PSP MGS games, both of which would be welcome ports, because they too were no where near as popular (In terms of sales.... and I guess qualitiy) as Snake Eater.

The issue here is, I'm pretty sure Nintendo just wanted a game to graphically represent the 3DS's capabilities. They just wanted say "HEY LOOK AT MY HANDHELD, ITS AS STRONG AS A PS2", and Konami complied. Just in terms of gameplay, and the actual need for this product, they could have chosen much more interesting choices.

Also the PS3 MGS HD Collection is also half-assed, considering they also put in Snake Eater instead of the Subsistence version.