E3: Modern Warfare 3

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
So basically 60 bucks for survival mode and regular MP because not surprising to anyone, the single player is a suck fest, THEN that subscription deal, PLUS the map packs. No thanks, with Skyrim, BF3, and many other games worthy of my hard earned money coming out this year, i'll be passing on this one, but ya'll enjoy the heck out of all that wonderful, host advantage, cheat and glitch fest :)

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I read the words "bigger" and "louder", and I thought to myself "More obnoxious and even less innovative". Then I shushed myself and just said "If you don't like it; don't buy it"....that shut me up.

HaMSt3rBoT

Apr 2, 2010
Worgen said:
... trying to out micheal bay micheal bay
XD I really had to try not to laugh when I read that.

Personally, MW2's campaign left me unimpressed and unsatisfied. A game that tried to plaster the spectacle factor across a rather frail and fragmented story.

Enjoyed the multiplayer with my mates to well over 400 hours, but never picked up another iteration of the series. Don't think that's about to change. Reviews will probably sensationalize this one as it did CoD:BO, before looking back and saying... Hey... What the shit?

BUTT, that's my opinion.

That preview vid... Was that the video or the game getting choppy like that?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
HaMSt3rBoT said:
Worgen said:
... trying to out micheal bay micheal bay
XD I really had to try not to laugh when I read that.

Personally, MW2's campaign left me unimpressed and unsatisfied. A game that tried to plaster the spectacle factor across a rather frail and fragmented story.

Enjoyed the multiplayer with my mates to well over 400 hours, but never picked up another iteration of the series. Don't think that's about to change. Reviews will probably sensationalize this one as it did CoD:BO, before looking back and saying... Hey... What the shit?

BUTT, that's my opinion.

That preview vid... Was that the video or the game getting choppy like that?
I think it was the vid, I mean they streamed it live but the game is still probably in late alpha early beta so I can see it still having some hiccups, one thing Im willing to give cod is that it knows how to do a good frame rate

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Dawkter said:
How the eff was BC2 a disaster on consoles? For a spin-off it was pretty damn awesome.
Shitty clunky controls, severely weakened graphics, maps made smaller, shoddy hit detection.

Plus the single player was horrible, which kinda sucked because Bad Company 1 had a great single player.
Watch Respawn Entertainment go with EA, and merge with DICE. Respawn will work on the singleplayer and co-op, with a 14 hour singleplayer experience that had the perfect mix of plot and action like CoD4, without scripted events (but for consistency a lack of scripted events means you can take either a flight of stairs or an elevator, and tanks will move as if manned by AI) and an exemplary co-op with 10 chapters (each chapter having 6 levels like Spec Ops), where you can use killstreaks, choose a loadout, and have 6 possible players, each will play as one of the team (a Mexican-standoff Sudden Death-ish match in the beginning will quickly choose who will be the one to man the AC-130). DICE will work on the core multiplayer, innovating modes and taking cool modes from other games, like Oddball or King of the Hill. It would also be super-balanced, have ded servers on consoles, and will allow 32 people.
Or not, because the last time Dice worked on multiplayer for a company they did a half-assed job and it ended up also being terrible.

Over half the people from Respawn were responsible for CoD4's multiplayer, something that even Dice copied some core ideas from.

It would be the biggest waste of talent I'd ever see in a video game.

Dice does what there good at, a giant open world battlefield with lots of different vehicles.

Let the old IW do what they're good at.
That sounds reasonable. I mean, if you let Respawn Entertainment have 3 years of focus on only singleplayer and co-op, and let DICE have 3 years of focus on only multiplayer, it would be pretty damn awesome.

Oh, and get Croteam for creative development and id for engine development.
Yet again, IW is responsible for the smoothest running engine on Consoles. There's a reason why the Call of Duty series has lasted as long as it has. Because it feels right in your hands.