E3 Preview: Borderlands 2

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Sometimes more of the same is just right.

I do think they could go the d3 route and not have multiple points per talent. The multiple points thing is pretty silly because there really aren't any "utility" talents as in none of them add anything really new. All of them increase something by a percentage so there isn't any reason not to max the skills you choose.

Hopefully the active skills and talents will be more balanced and interesting in B2. Even if they aren't lots of different guns are a good enough reason to play it.

Shynobee

Apr 16, 2009
MetalMagpie said:
Shynobee said:
Really, as long as the ending isn't as dissapointing as the first, and maybe some more relevant NPCs, I'll be happy with this game.
Agreed. The ending was the only thing really wrong with the first Borderlands. Not to say the rest was perfect, but the ending was the only thing that stuck out as needing fixing.

I've already pre-ordered and looking forward to having a barrel-of-laughs with my boyfriend all over again. He used the first Borderlands to convince me that shooters can be really fun (I had a bit of an aversion to them before), then regretted letting me have Mordecai once I had a few points in Bird of Prey. I swear, that skill is to kill-stealing what petrol is to a camp-fire.
Murder Bird was the only reason to play Mordecai though!!! Seriously, I remember everyone thinking Mordecai had the most boring skill compared to the other characters, but in my mind, It will always be the most powerful.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Had waaaaay to much fun with the first with my friend, so I can't wait, I just hope they don't completely fuck up the ending like the first one, I hope the skills will be as fun as the first, I loved throwing Mordecai's bird of doom at peoples heads

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Despite having no friends to play it with, I had a lot of fun with Borderlands and already have the artbook edition of the second pre-ordered.

It's only three more months...not very long, right? ...Right?

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Ahhhh you remind me of my days of Borderlands with my Siren. I set my build up specifically for firing speed, and had the SMG whos bullets split into 2, and it fired 2 shots and was pretty innaccurate. Which basically meant I fired rounds at minigun RPM in a tight cone, and meant I could solo crawmax since all I needed to do was hold trigger in the general direction of one of his body parts and it would definatly die. Good fun.

Oh and then with Phoenix it turned it into.."spray around and get one kill, and run past every enemy making them all burn and steal all the kills" my friend hated me for that perk. Especially since I boosted it up 2 levels above max.

Good times.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
ryo02 said:
I was hoping it would be reasonably playable solo
I imagine it is, but why would you ever play solo rather than with friends?
I can imagine not wanting to play with random people, but playing with friends over skype is just fantastic.
At least, it was in Borderlands 1.
"AAAAAAAAGH, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF! HELP! WHY AREN'T YOU HELPING MEEEEEEE?!"
"Be quiet, I'm comparing loot. I'll be there in a sec."
"FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I'm dead. Thanks, asshole."
Good times.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
SeatedSkeleton said:
i got the impression that the increase in difficulty didn't go away after the coop partner logged out. maybe player 2 was still logged in but not doing anything. either way, i expect it will work hte same as the first one with scaling difficulty with more players.
To those of you wondering about the solo play, I should clarify a bit more. My coop partner didn't lag out or quit; he simply left his character in the game and stopped playing (meaning the system still believed there were two active players). I have played two sections of the game now--one at PAX, and one at E3--and I can tell you that you're going to be fine playing by your lonesome. This was just a bad situation caused by a player, not the game.