E3 Preview: Dead Space 3

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
alfawx said:
also

[spoiler/]that Australian Unitologist chick was a nice twist[/spoiler]

....its nice to see random Australian accents in games (though aparently I read somwhere that Viceral had an Australian branch they shut down...not sure that has anything to do with the presance of Aussie accents but still)

Eric Morales said:
I haven't given up on Dead Space 3, there's still plenty of ways for things to go right and there's still enough mystery left in the franchise to make me genuinely curious about how it's going to end. But let's just say I'm not as optimistic as I feel I could be.
story wise human oponents make sense...particually crazy unitologiests (not to keen on fighting the government though, too cliche)

of coarse its reasonable to aproch all this with concern..but to be honest I think I'm kind of sick of hearing crys of "bland cover bases shooters!" than the games themselfs (nto to mention peopel are very quick to flip out)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
'K I can deal with this. DS2 wasn't really scary exactly so just going "fuck it!" and lobbing co-op in there might be pretty cool. Who knows maybe the epic amount of jump scares might work in co-op? Startled is startled right?

Now, we need another Eye Poke Machine but with one player operating on the other... Just think of the pressure to not stab your friend in the face... Plus epic trolltastic capabilities activate! Like in RE5 or Portal 2 where one guy holds a bridge open for you "Hey don't drop me ok!" "ok!" *drops you* "LOL"

At least it won't be the godawful MP in DS2, my god! If It wasn't Necros spawn trapping the humans in the the first room it was the humans curbstomping the Necros to the ground left and right. Horribly imbalanced.

I suppose they won't follow F.E.A.R 3 and try to make co-op proper scary because if so LOL! It just doesn't work. More of a badasses with sweet as heck armour vs alien badasses with too many limbs thing would be awesome.