E3 Preview: Tokyo Jungle

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
E3 Preview: Tokyo Jungle

With the human race gone, it's up to the pets to survive on their own.

Read Full Article

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Playing as a pomeranian, eating other animals and having sex like a boss. Why can't this game come to something else than the PS3?

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
That...sounds oddly amazin actually. I'd probably never be able to play it because I'd get really uncomfortable, but if that wasn't a factor it'd prolly be great.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you ending up in a room with a live demo of Tokyo Jungle was not an accident like you claim? ;)

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I thought the pandas mating in the trailer was just for lulz. It's still for lulz...right?

...nope...nope, you need to do lots of mating in that game.

Why am I still DYING to play it? I scanned over some pages for a release outside of Japan and I don't see one : (

EDIT: Sony quietly announced the game will be coming out to the English audience in time. No dates.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Mumorpuger said:
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you ending up in a room with a live demo of Tokyo Jungle was not an accident like you claim? ;)
Dude, I know! But I was just walking through the room all lalalaaaaaOMGTOKYOJUNGLE!!!! People looked at me oddly. They didn't quite seem to understand my enthusiasm. Even the guy doing the demo didn't quite get it.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I think I want to play this game.

Any game where you can have "sex like a boss" has to be a winner.

I hope you can play as more than a Pomeranian though. I yearn to explore the urban jungle as a brave, fearsome chihuahua.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Even with The Last of Us and Beyond I was still on the fence when it came to buying a PS3, but this game makes the decision for me, I'm gettin' one.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
NLS said:
...having sex like a boss...
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S, puppy style... COOL wonder if there is an NPC in game that sell you dog food, and stuff... see a Chuwawa down the dark alley "Hey, Wha are you buying? Okiro tako(squid) Bell?"

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Why in a room named Sony Europe is there a game that hasn't been confirmed for release in Europe?

Anyone else find this odd? I mean odder than the game itself sounds, and pretty slick at the same time too.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
wooty said:
Why in a room named Sony Europe is there a game that hasn't been confirmed for release in Europe?

Anyone else find this odd? I mean odder than the game itself sounds, and pretty slick at the same time too.
I'm not sure if "confirmed" is the right word, but Sony announced they're going to localize it for the West.

Hirumakage

Sep 28, 2009
I havent even seen actual gameplay yet I want it so bad...*throws money at Sony* Just take it all!!!!
But, I do wonder what kind of animals you can play as....besides insanely cute poms...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Hirumakage said:
I havent even seen actual gameplay yet I want it so bad...*throws money at Sony* Just take it all!!!!
But, I do wonder what kind of animals you can play as....besides insanely cute poms...
I saw gazelles, baby chicks, and cats. I asked how many different animals there were and just got "Lots" as an answer.

I also saw a pack of poms take down a terrier and eat him on the spot. Kind of amazing.

Catolf

Jul 2, 2011
As someone who own's the game right now I can say it's bloody fantastic... it's rather addicting, i don't have much unlocked and have been playing as a Pom, having a LOT of fun taking on big animals and taking them out, though I did get really far (year 14 in survival) and a sleeping Cow I woke took me out. that was a twist. lol

I have no idea how to save in this game though, if it's pure survival or you can save cause it does have a continue option.. not sure how to use it yet.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
PS3. YES!!! This sounds like one of those game which you can spend days on and still find new things to have fun with.
Susan Arendt said:
I also saw a pack of poms take down a terrier and eat him on the spot. Kind of amazing.
Now that's just Badass,
and a little scary I'm gonna stay away from my friends pom for awhile.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
NLS said:
Playing as a pomeranian, eating other animals and having sex like a boss. Why can't this game come to something else than the PS3?
GOD DAMMIT. I was going to ask what this was going to be on! This actually sounds spectacular!

Now I'm sad...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Do you have to play as a Pomeranian? Those screenshots make it look like you can pick your race of animal.

Would be pretty cool running around Tokyo being all "fuck yeah, I'm a horse!"

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Do you have to play as a Pomeranian? Those screenshots make it look like you can pick your race of animal.

There are two modes. There is the story mode, and then survival. Story mode makes you the Pomeranain (I heard there is a horse you can play too, but I can't find a straight answer). Then there is survival mode, where you basically try to make your legacy survive through the years.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Raggedstar said:
Binnsyboy said:

There are two modes. There is the story mode, and then survival. Story mode makes you the Pomeranain (I heard there is a horse you can play too, but I can't find a straight answer). Then there is survival mode, where you basically try to make your legacy survive through the years.
Good, because I hate pomeranians...

In any case, this might be what swings my decision to get a PS3 for the exclusives. Plus I don't have a bluray player so that's 2 birds with one stone.