E3: Serious Sam 3: BFE

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
A definite buy. I'd rather have the physical media in my hand, but I'll download this one anyway. PC is definitely the way to go. The level editor for the Serious 3 engine is already out with the HD version of the Second Encounter iirc. Time to run by the site, Seriously, and check up on things...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
What DNF should have been, seriously looking forward to it!
But seriously, DNF wasn't bad, it just wasn't DNF.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
I will buy this, although I wouldnt mind owning this in DVD form. It certanly deserves to sit on my gaming shelf next to my copy of the original game.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Let's see if this game can succeed where Duke Nukem Forever has failed- at unleashing the old-school CARNAGE!

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
Ahh, this takes me back.

Anybody else remember the moment in the first game where you reach this fairly large desert area, and in the distance you suddenly see a huge line of enemies appear. And they all start running at you, and you know that within just a few short seconds they'll all be right up on you.

And then what followed was some of the best FPS gameplay ever.

HaMSt3rBoT

Apr 2, 2010
Duke, there's a new King to hail to, baby!
Serious Sam is Duke's badass uncle with an eyepatch and a cigar, who smacks him across the knuckles with a brick every time he whimpers. To me, Duke is just a Rugby player-physique'd player with a gun. And more proof that Sam is king, is the fact that there's a secret Duke skeleton in Serious Sam 2. OuO

I'm so getting this iteration of the series. Loved the old school madness Sam is famous for. And I'm happy if they, unlike that slacker Duke, don't forsake the oldschool gameplay for regenerative health and gun limitations. AND 16 PLAYER CO-OP = <3.

Croteam is a favourite.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Sound like what we wanted Duke nukem forever to be.

Serious Sam is the new king.
Bye-bye duke.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
I'm playing First Encounter HD, and if it's an improval on that I don't even...

I got duke expecting something along Sam's lines, didn't get it, got Sam as well

BlamBlamBlam!

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
BIG QUESTION: With such a demanding graphics engine, how much will it reduce the amount of enemies on screen at the same time and reduce the size of environments?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If there's one thing that Serious Sam is good at, it's figuring out how to cram as many enemies on your screen as physically possible without destroying your computer.

Sam, however, will have his hands full.