EA Admits It Blew Medal of Honor: Warfighter

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Well the 2010 reboot actually had a sprinkling of authenticity and was a lot of fun, it had some unique stuff going for it, it was perfect but it was an enjoyable pacakge with a fairly good story and it kept it's shit together. It focused on teh soldiers doing their job, no insane villains or bullshit family problems.

Nope. YOu're a guy with a beard. Shoot the enemy. That is all.

The Warfighter hasa terrible plot, terrible stage designs, awful set pieces, it almost plays itself half the time, etc, etc.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Metalrocks said:
thats almost scary that ?A said that. they usually ignore negative feedback and keep doing the same crap over and over again.
who knows, maybe far in the future, a ?A game might be good and we can like ?A as we did in the past.
"Do you get it? Do you get it? I replaced the "E" in EA with a pound sign like millions of people do with M$ in an attempt to be funny and original. DO YOU GET IT?"

Oh come on, that's exactly what it looks like. And really, I don't think doing with with a pound sign instead of a dollars sign and the EA initials instead of the microsoft initials makes it any more clever.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Treblaine said:
COD4 broke the risible overuse of sad lonely trumpet played for straight meldrama. But it was back in the old habits again with Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.
I kinda liked MW2. It wasn't that smart and the multiplayer was pretty bad, but it was enjoyable and it had the sense to not go full spunkgargleweewee. And I gotta admit, that bit where you come out of the bunker and see the Washington monument all wrecked up? I'm british, but that really did kinda hit me. I'm a sucker for anything that has good music. BlOps was where it all fell apart for me. I played the Vorkuta mission, and I frigging loved it, but eveything after that was just so boring. The multiplayer was frigging awful. Zombies became hard as hell and relied on insanley complex easter eggs and secrets too much. After that, I never really bought another CoD beacause they just got stupider and stupider, yet they're bigger than ever. I am genuinley confused as to why it's so big.
Yeah, it's also taking it too damn far.

Fighting in The Whitehouse?!?!? Russians invading and trying to occupy Washington DC? This is just spitballing extreme ideas losing any kind of grounding yet still confined within a theme.

The thing about COD4 is it had all the mise en scene of modern warfare, rappel assault by SAS in black gas masks armed with silenced MP5 Submachine guns, drawing from the Iranian Embassy siege, and again at the end assaulting an airliner, following the themes of prior counter-terrorist operations storming hijacked planes. And the plane being in mid air rather than on the ground... that's just a twist in the tail.

Take modern 20th century conflicts. Coalition invasion of Iraq. Fighting in Russia that reminds of Chechnya, the iconography of the threat of soviet nuclear missiles and acting out the most ambitious plans. It had Chernobyl.

COD4 was far out, but it was grounded.

Modern Warfare 2 jumped the shark with fucking snowmobile chases jumping ramps.

God damn throwing knives.

COD4 used a proper pistol. It was unexpected and fit with what special forces would actually do in such a dire situation.

I Despise any mode that sees making enemies more of bullet sponges as part of the challenge

That's the problem with Zombies mode. I can accept greater number of zombies, I can accept faster zombies, I can accept deadlier zombies, what I cannot accept is them needing exponentially more hits to kill, that screws with my mojo. It's not about being better at aiming or killing them, it's simply about laying the lead on them. It's herding cats and all the time they zombies look the same but takes more bullets to kill... they aren't getting stronger, your guns are simply getting weaker.

COD's success is as much down to population dynamics as anything else.

But really it's a lack of alternatives, it's not that COD multiplayer is good, it's just that the superior alternatives are mainly on PC.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Racecarlock said:
Metalrocks said:
thats almost scary that ?A said that. they usually ignore negative feedback and keep doing the same crap over and over again.
who knows, maybe far in the future, a ?A game might be good and we can like ?A as we did in the past.
"Do you get it? Do you get it? I replaced the "E" in EA with a pound sign like millions of people do with M$ in an attempt to be funny and original. DO YOU GET IT?"

Oh come on, that's exactly what it looks like. And really, I don't think doing with with a pound sign instead of a dollars sign and the EA initials instead of the microsoft initials makes it any more clever.
That's the "euro" symbol. I hope you weren't referring to British Pound Sterling currency symbol...

And it's not supposed to be clever, it's supposed to be snarky.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Treblaine said:
Racecarlock said:
Metalrocks said:

That's the "euro" symbol. I hope you weren't referring to British Pound Sterling currency symbol...

And it's not supposed to be clever, it's supposed to be snarky.
Well I didn't exactly have time to look up money symbols before I responded. I'm just so tired of the m dollar sign pun that even variations on it seem old when they're made.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Racecarlock said:
Well I didn't exactly have time to look up money symbols before I responded. I'm just so tired of the m dollar sign pun that even variations on it seem old when they're made.
How did you not have time? How was the time limit so tight you couldn't copy and past an unfamiliar symbol into a popular search engine and find out in less than 15 seconds before you posted?

You tiredness of the M(dollarsign) is duly noted now do you have anything relevant to add? Because I don't see why anyone should care why you personally have an unreasoned distaste for it. This isn't your blog, this is a discussion forum.

I'm at least clearing up what could be a misleading impression by you calling it a pound sign. Bringing some facts, clearing up some false impressions.

What I have to say on the use of Dollarsign with M$ uses is they are entirely reasonable and relevant considering how not only is Microsoft makes VAST amounts of money but they make it not through the finest artistry but any way they can shill the maximum amount of money from the maximum number of people while giving as little as they can get away with.

Microsoft can EARN being known by "MS" rather than "M$" when it overcomes it's money-grubbing practices. I mean $60 per year for multiplayer yet no dedicated servers. M(Dollarsign) reminds people of that.

And I'm glad EA has got one now.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
gigastar said:
My problem is the way he showed things. I could create a video showing the exact same problems except with a dozen different games that are all well respected. Hell turn any game to the easiest difficulty setting and you will probably experience the same thing with the damage.

I just dont like people who try and deceive others in order to convince people that they are right which is what he was doing with that video. He cherrypicked the game in order to convince others it was crap because of his own personal bias again the genre and not anything that the game did.

As for the explosions the game was trying to go for realism in that factor not super awesome pyrotechnics.